Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 inconsistent Battery Performance

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hadam
Follower
Follower

I am using a triple pack of Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

I want to know why the performance of the batteries are so inconsistent. 

In the last round of charge, in less than one week more than 80 percent of the battery is consumed, while in the round before that, it took more than 5 months to consume 60% of the battery, although the cameras were on for more than two weeks during the 5 months and only 3 days during the last week. So by any measure, I would have not expected to see the battery levels go down so quickly.

I understand that if the camera is on, it consumes more battery but I see a huge difference in battery performance in different rounds. 

Can someone explain what might cause the inconsistency in battery performance?

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@hadam wrote:

I am using a triple pack of Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

I want to know why the performance of the batteries are so inconsistent. 

In the last round of charge, in less than one week more than 80 percent of the battery is consumed, while in the round before that, it took more than 5 months to consume 60% of the battery, although the cameras were on for more than two weeks during the 5 months and only 3 days during the last week. So by any measure, I would have not expected to see the battery levels go down so quickly.

I understand that if the camera is on, it consumes more battery but I see a huge difference in battery performance in different rounds. 

Can someone explain what might cause the inconsistency in battery performance?

I don’t have a clue as to the root cause, but I believe I have seen people discussing attempts to rectify the issue.  Try restarting or power cycling the base unit and then freshen the batteries.  Pop them out before recharging them to be sure the camera power cycles also.  The Arlo equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical reasons for battery usage are the total number of minutes of recording and live viewing per day (<5 minutes is the spec) or for WiFi strength/quality between the cameras and base which can be due to distance, house construction, blockage (ductwork, mirrors, etc.) or 2.4GHz interference. A quick and easy test is to swap cameras around to see if it's an issue with the camera or location.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation