Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Pro 2 won't charge. Tried removing and swapping and rebooting. Is it faulty?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hiyvettehere
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, all 5 of my 2 year old cameras suddenly won't charge. I've done everything-remove batteries, swapped them, rebooted everything, plugged & unplugged. Still, nothing. It seems the connection to the shell cameras isn't connecting the battery with the plug in. I think they've become faulty from plugging & plugging from each charge. Disappointing because they're not cheap. Any suggestions? I have no functioning cameras right now.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera works without the battery on the cable alone, the connection is good.

make sure your using the original ac adapter and cable... if so then

Read this ;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hiyvettehere
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I tested them and 3 are now working fine. Two of them aren't contact connecting. I will need to buy an external battery charger to keep the two charged up. The rest I can continue to keep plugged in. Overall, I'm really happy with the cameras, but would prefer magnetic charging so the constant in & out plugging in to recharge doesn't wear out contact over time like my cell phone chargers do. Thanks!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hiyvettehere wrote:
, but would prefer magnetic charging so the constant in & out plugging in to recharge doesn't wear out contact over time like my cell phone chargers do.

That sounds like a good idea, so maybe post it in the idea exchange.

One challenge is that wireless charging requires a fairly large flat coil, which would be hard to accommodate in the camera design.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation