Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charging adaptor for the arlo pro 2 camera doesn't fit

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
will-crowe
Follower
Follower

Afternoon everyone, could really do with some help as arlo online chat is unavailable. purchased the arlo pro 2 and set it all up. great. Time to charge the cameras. i have 2 adaptors. 1 European and 1 UK. check. now the adaptor? my UK attachment doesn't fit very well at all. In fact like its not meant for it. if i slide the plug on and into the pins, the pins bend slightly away for it to join, Then the arlo name on the side is upside down. iv tried charging another product just in case and the plug has a very slight high pitch sound. not sure they have included the right adaptor for me. Please helparlo pic 1.jpgarlo pic 3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@will-crowe wrote:

i have 2 adaptors. 1 European and 1 UK. check. now the adaptor?

The Pro 2 has standard USB adapters. You don't even have to use Arlo stuff.

We'll have to wait for someone to approve the pictures. In the meantime you could attach them. (See the "paperlip" icon at the bottom.)

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Another one! Currys by any chance?

Arlo shipped a few of these it seems. We had one here a few weeks ago from @Retired_Member.

Solved: Re: Arlo 2 Pro power adapter/charger help - Arlo Community

It is a mistake. Try and find the local contact for Arlo support. They quickly fixed it for the other victim.

In the meantime, any USB adapter will work.

Someone needs to get this information back to the factory. Perhaps @JamesC can pick up the baton.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks @michaelkenward 

Yes, I went onto the Arlo support in the UK, had an online chat with them and they quickly got one sent out to me, although saying that, I've not yet received it! I'll chase them up, but I will be using standard USB chargers too. It's more the principal of it that annoyed me. 

Hope you get it sorted! 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Retired_Member wrote:

It's more the principal of it that annoyed me. 

It is the incompetence that bugs me.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation