Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

Calling this a "Security System" is an insult to actual security systems.  This product is beyond useless.

Problems:

-Failing to connect to Arlo Pro 2 cameras multiple times.

-When watching through the camera the video and audio freezes randomly (app and on desktop)

-When watching through the camera the video and audio freezes when it captures motion (app and on desktop)

-When watching through the camera the video and audio there is 30 seconds to a minute of lag time (app and on desktop)

-When watching through the camera the video and audio literally stops even though on the app or desktop app says its playing.

-When watching through the camera the video and audio just disconnect completely or stop playing all together

-Batteries take hours to charge in the charger it comes with

-Low quality video and audio.

The system is unusable, and I'm thoroughly disappointed I spent over $1000 on it.

A side note, I have good internet, FiOS 500up/down and all my wireless devices don't have connectivity issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

I solved my issue with the Arlo cameras.  I threw them in the garbage and replaced them with a real security system.  I'm much happier now.  Though, still sad about the $1000 I threw into the trash.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CorbinDallas

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate these issues. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ENF
Star
Star

Hi Corbin

I am in total agreement with you on this. I spent a ton of money for what seems to be a worthless pile of junk.  The only thing good for me is the video quality but what good is it if the system doesn't record anything. I have 5 cams and only one of them records!

ENF
Star
Star

Shane,

I have a lot of the issues that Corbin has but particularly most of my 5 cams are not recording so what is the point to this system.  And btw calling support (whick i have done several times)does little or nothing. You need to stand by your product and make good on the money a lot of us have spent.  I know that wont happen though.

Shane49ers1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue and I have had this issue for months now. I even returned on camera set and got another thinking that mine was bad but, that wasn't the case. They just stop recording or picking up motion, yet they are connected to the internet and fully functioning but they dont function at all. If I turn it off and back on it works fine but then either one camera or two cameras or sometimes they all go off line. I call in the problem but they say it's my current internet speed that's causing this issue. If that's the case then why didnt my very first set have this issue? My very first set got damaged and I had to exchange it but they no longer made that model so I had to upgrade and pay more for the new one but have had nothing but problems from both of my upgraded sets. My doorbell works good. They also tried to say not to have the camera more than 25-30 ft way from the base station, yet ones like 10 ft away and it doesnt pick up voice or motion nor record. Please tell me what's causing this problem for me and everyone else having the same issues? When on my status it shows everything is fine.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shane49ers1 wrote:
 I call in the problem but they say it's my current internet speed that's causing this issue. 
  • How many cameras to you have?
  • How fast is your internet upload speed?

I suggest testing the speed with speedtest, since you might not be getting your usual speeds at the moment (given the much higher use of remote meetings).

CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS Calling tech support is a huge waste of time.  I've done it, multiple people have done it.  Read what people are saying about Arlo Tech Support anywhere.

@ENF Yes, this system is a huge waste.  I just hope other people see this before they buy it and purchase something else.

I have so many more complaints about this system but it's a waste of time to list them.

CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

I solved my issue with the Arlo cameras.  I threw them in the garbage and replaced them with a real security system.  I'm much happier now.  Though, still sad about the $1000 I threw into the trash.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I would have paid something for them before u threw them in garbage. 

ENF
Star
Star

Corbin... can I ask what system you got to replace your garbage?

CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

@ENF  DM'd

ENF
Star
Star

DM'd?

CorbinDallas
Guide
Guide

@ENF Direct Messaged.  Check your inbox.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation