Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing shared device not working on Pixel device. Showing it needs to enable location services.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ABlueSpaceBunny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the 2 camera Arlo Pro 2 pack. I have everything set up and it is working pretty well. I set up Geofencing on my primary account and it is showing all of the correct data, I'm in the zone, out of the zone, etc... It shows my wife's shared account well her phone but when I try to enable her phone for Geofencing I get an error that says I need to enable location services on her device. On Both devices I have location permissions "Always Allow". I don't know what else to do. Has anyone had this issue? I attached screen shots for reference.

My device is a Google Pixel 3 XL running Android 10. (Working fine)

My wife's device is a Google Pixel 4 XL running Android 10. (Not allowed to connect)

Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
ABlueSpaceBunny
Aspirant
Aspirant
Second screenshot attached
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ABlueSpaceBunny,

Try to have her reinstall the Arlo Android app and reboot her Google Pixel 4 XL to see if that helps.

ABlueSpaceBunny
Aspirant
Aspirant
Attempted your suggestion and still having the same problem
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to turn on airplane data and turn it off and disable and re-enable location services. You can also try checking this article out: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation