Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection no longer happening on garage door

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bnaarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had my Alro Pro 2 system set up for almost 2 years now. With each app update, it seems like the functionality of the system degrades. With the latest few app updates, the camera I have in the garage no longer detects garage doors movement which is one of the main reasons why I have it set up there. The placement of the camera has not been moved at all since I initially set them up in Oct 2018, I have not changed any sensitively or video settings prior to experiencing this issue. The cameras motion has always been set to 80%, power supply via Arlo cable plugged into outlet, and the garage doors display about 1/4 of the entire camera view. Prior to recent weeks of the camera not detecting motion, the camera worked just fine and did detect motion each time the garage doors where opened or closed.
Now the camera does NOT detect any motion when the garage doors are opened or closed.
I have tried increasing motion sensitivity from 80% to 90% and that still does not help. This is just one example I am finding with the degradation of the Arlo System. Searching for community help only returns very old info (mostly 2+ years old info). Has anyone in recent weeks experienced the same issue described?
The App version I’m currently using is: 2.19.2 (993), however the issues started a couple of releases ago.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has no bearing since it just displays what's available. The camera and base firmware could be an issue, however. I would start by removing the camera and resyncing it. If that doesn't help, I'd suggest a system reset by removinmg all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh to clear out weirdnesses. Be sure to note settings, modes, rules, schedule to speed the rebuilding.

Ekulnitsua
Initiate
Initiate

Yep, same issue - 2 of my 10 cameras affected. I REALLY don;t want to do a system reset, as the cameras are mounted all over my work unit, on ceilings and it will be a serious bawache. 

Any soft solutions?

Bnaarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I removed the camera and resynced it. Still the same issue. I also tried another camera and the same issue. This really sucks to say the least. I will have to find time to take down all of my cameras and try the system reset and the reposition each camera to see if that works. Is there really no known solution to this and we are left with spending countless hours trying this, and trying that only to find out it didn’t help?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While a reset is definitely a PITA, you usually don't have to actually take down the cameras. Pre-position the ladder as needed and then briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds). Go out to the camera and press that sync button. I've done this numerous times. A camera with a weak signal could be a problem but one with a good signal should sync right away.

Bnaarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, the re-sync did nothing. Cameras are still not triggering garage door motion even set at 100% sensitivity.
Please, report this to your software developers. Something has changed on Arlo’s end and has made your system useless and frustrating for your customers.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this is a user forum, your best bet is to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and log an official case.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation