Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
Doxiedoglover
Apprentice
Apprentice
RobKelly
Guide
Guide
Jaff66
Guide
Guide

Hi, 

All cameras are now back up and running correctly. 

RobKelly
Guide
Guide
Fixed after one week and a lot of circular efforts of resets and batteries in and batteries out. It is not acceptable.
Terry6656
Tutor
Tutor

Cameras are back on-line, alerting and recording for almost 24hrs. I’ll keep my fingers crossed Arlo techs have identified and fixed the problem.

Frustrating to have theses type of issues when your away from home and depending on this system for added security of your property and home.

The reliability of the product along with better customer service in terms of communications and getting out in front of problems needs to be drastically improved in my opinion. 

RJoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

New Problem now my Camera goes offline automatically and does not work.

What is happening in Arlo?

This is a security camera and I will talk with our lawyer to open a case against this company because they are playing with our life. 

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine did that last week, had to remove all the cameras, reboot the base station and take each camera up to it and re-add them.  Did it again today though and `I really can’t be bothered to keep going up ladders and doing it all so not going to try and get them back online.

Chickchainner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see a "fix" was made yet i still have no recording. I had workers in the house while i was off in vacation, there is nothing in my library the entire month. called arlo and they said they don't know.

Hyperwind5
Star
Star

@Chickchainner did you try removing the activity zones from the cameras?

Jdelvalle1
Guide
Guide
So I'm only getting notifications from one of my cameras. I have six cameras total. Why would I only get notifications from one camera and not the others? I made sure all my zones are set up and all the other setting seem correct. Has anyone seen this issue before?
RobKelly
Guide
Guide
And just like that have the cameras or not notifying me and not recording anything. Time to look at other surveillance systems
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Issue still not resolved for my cameras.  Noticed that ~ 30 minutes ago, received several push notifications on Android but videos missing on both Android app and web.  Two videos were initially missing. One seems to have shown up ~30 minutes later. However, per the notifications, one video is still missing.

-- This has been happening intermittently with both Pro2 and Arlo Q cameras

-- Issue happens with cameras that are plugged in or on battery

-- Issue happens with cameras with activity zones and without activity zones. Note that the activity zones have never ever worked for any of the 9 Arlo Pro 2 or Arlo Q cameras for the last two years. I just leave the activity zones set in case by some miracle they start working.

-- Issue happened ~ 30 minutes ago even with the Oct 14 Arlo android update in place. I was walking around in front of the cameras, so I know that they should have been triggered and recorded.

-- Both phone and base station have been power cycled at least once earlier today (after the Oct 14 update) 

-- Cameras on standard 7 day storage (no special CVR or whatever the other pay options are)

-- Not using a custom base station mode

-- Not sure if they have the same cause, but other seemingly related recording issues include: 1) Not recording for the full set 2 minutes; 2) related cameras not triggering; and 3) video ending in the middle of motion even if no zones are set (e.g., person or animal moving the middle of the frame

Replying to:

ShayneS

Arlo Moderator

Between 10/14/19 11:30PM PT and 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT some Arlo Smart subscribers who utilize the Activity Zones feature noticed video clips were missing from their library. This issue impacted all Arlo Camera models except for Arlo Ultra and Arlo Pro 3.

As of 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT this issue is resolved and video recordings now work as previously configured. All Arlo systems are operational.

You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ . Our team continues to closely monitor our systems to ensure they function as expected.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue. Please contact Arlo Support should you have any questions. 

bigben89
Guide
Guide

My cameras are recording again when detecting motion, BUT:

1) They are not recording for the allotted one minute I have them set up to record for after detecting motion.

2) Video on recording freezes after approx. 15 seconds, but the sound continues.

3) Sometimes one camera will pick up motion, but the other one does not (all in the same motion). I have two cameras close together.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jdelvalle1

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

Davidcurl
Guide
Guide

Same problem with Arlo Ultra. Several notifications around noon today and no video. I can/could live stream and see what was going on. Then I turn the alarms off and then back on about 2 hours later and started capturing video, but only video clip after I turn the alarm back on. I can't access any of the videos that ocurred at noon today.

mplopes
Aspirant
Aspirant
What’s the latest regarding this topic? Have the cameras for a while and clearly has gotten worst (ie much longer lag), which defeats the purpose. If not resolved, will be looking at replacing them with something else.

I’m assuming this is something easy to fix with software / firmware update.

There is been lot of reports of this in here, would be great to have an update from Arlo.

Thanks in advance.
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't understand where/how the animal got at the end of the dock before the camera started recording.  Makes no sense.  I have the 3 different zones setup, all are based on the dock floor.  The camera is plugged in, connected.  Firmware 1.125.13.0_31717   I'm  thinking it may be time to get a different brand of camera.  https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/213A348D1139FFEA_201910

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mplopes

Do you happen to have the links to the thread(s) with this issue you are experiencing?

When did this issue first occur &  What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine randomly does the same thing. Sometimes it works great, and other times it shows the preview picture with the object but then when the video plays the object is almost out of the frame. I haven’t checked it every time, but have noticed before when it does this the full video is on the backup drive. It didn’t used to do this before.

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/C8BA3CC4732A74A5_201910
Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
My issue is atill not fixed. Anyone else?
Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you uninstall activity zones
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

It's interesting to hear that what most if not all of us are suffering with are Arlo's and Arlo Pros is even affecting the Pro 2's as as well. We too are also disgusted with the complete breakdown in performance. Motion detection a joke, battery life a joke, rusting screw mounts, and on and on.

It has gotten so quiet here for so long that I figured that most have simply given up believing that Arlo will never fix the issues as we here believe now. 

Don't waste your time. Like many if not most of us keep an eye on Blink and Eufy.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gurlplz702

if using the mobile app, you can swipe the activity zones to the left & the delete option will appear. 

mplopes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Quick search on this forum will yield bunch of results.

Tried all - resync cameras, changing sensitivity, etc.. nothing works.

Not sure exactly when it started but seems worst lately. I could send you a few examples.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue a delay in the time the videos are available in your library, or is it regarding videos skipping or appearing at the end of the frame etc.