Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 playback freezes after 12 seconds or the object will disappear, but the sounds keeps playing!

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro 2 playback freezes after 12 seconds or the object will disappear, but the sounds keeps playing! It only affects the one camera that is hardwired and has the zone set on it. The recording was set to 60 seconds, then changed to "record until activity stops." Still no luck! I checked to see if there is a firmware update, but everything is up to date. Arlo tech have been working on this for over a week and heard nothing back from them. 

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RamziB wrote:

Pro 2 playback freezes after 12 seconds or the object will disappear, but the sounds keeps playing! It only affects the one camera that is hardwired and has the zone set on it. The recording was set to 60 seconds, 

Generally this means that there was packet loss on the camera connection.  That could be a signal strength issue, or perhaps wifi interference.  How far is the camera from the base?

Try connecting USB storage to the base, and see if the same issue happens on the USB backup recordings.  

Also, you can try swapping the camera with a different one, and see if the problem moves with the camera or if it stays with the location.

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera with the issue is roughly 20 - 25 feet away from the base. I was thinking of getting a wifi booster and place it in the middle (not sure if I can do that).
No USB connector on the base or a memory card slot.
I tried swapping the camera with another one, but it had the same issue. The only time the issue was resolved is when I removed the activity zones.
Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RamziB wrote:

The camera with the issue is roughly 20 - 25 feet away from the base. I was thinking of getting a wifi booster and place it in the middle (not sure if I can do that).

A booster won't work.  Normally that's a distance that works well.   What signal strength do you see in the app?

@RamziB wrote:

I tried swapping the camera with another one, but it had the same issue. The only time the issue was resolved is when I removed the activity zones.

So another camera in the same locaton had the same problem?

Is the camera AC powered?  Or is it on battery?

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I put another camera in the same location, but it still had the same issue. 

The camera at this location is AC powered.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RamziB wrote:

Yes, I put another camera in the same location, but it still had the same issue. 

The camera at this location is AC powered.  

I'd try a test on battery power next.  There are some reports here of corrupted recordings when on AC power.

You could alternatively try removing the activity zones next (but leaving the camera on AC).

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your suggestions. Before connecting the camera to the AC adapter, it was battery powered. At that time, I had no issues with it other than constant notification of motion, since this camera is by the garage overlooking the street. I then decided that I wanted the zones to be set, hence, connecting the camera to an AC adapter. Removing the activity zone addresses the issue, however, there is a constant notification of motion. I have brought this issue up with Arlo team, and they have a  case open for me, but no news from them. Now I have this useless system that does not work, and I can’t return it. What a great business Arlo is running, they are happy to take your money but provide no support whatsoever! Calling them, does not work either, as each tech give you the same run around of "let's try to disconnect the camera," "restart the system," all the steps that I have already done.  Very disappointing!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RamziB,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team but didn't hear back. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still have not been contacted by Arlo support team!!! 

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up moving that camera to a different area, still with the same set-up and still with the same problem. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back from the support team yet. I've escalated your case again to them and they should be contacting you with the given date and time that you provided.

RamziB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no answer and no call from the support team.. GREAT customer service!!! 

Also, I removed the zones, and still have the same problem.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for letting me know that you haven't heard back. I've escalated again to the support team and they should be reaching out to you with the given callback date and time that you provided earlier.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation