Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
sparky8700
Aspirant
Aspirant
Getting notifications and video on 4 out of five, but the one working last night now doesn’t work. Still won’t recognize that I am enrolled in Arlo Smart plan for five cameras.
ebbot
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing for me. Since two days back: Get notifications, no recordings. I have not changed anything. 

tried rebooting, reinstalling, log-ut/log in. Nothing changed

bgf88
Tutor
Tutor

One of my cameras has stopped recording due to motion.  The other cameras on the system are detecting and recording motion just fine.  In the device settings I turned the device off for about 2 minutes, then turned it back on.  No joy.  I removed the camera battery and waited another 2 minutes before reinstalling the battery.  No joy.  I checked the Mode setting and Armed is selected.  When testing, the motion icon (running man) turns orange, indicating the camera senses motion, but still does not record.  I checked the camera edit settings and when motion is detected, the camera should record video for 21 seconds (fixed length of time).   Why did it stop recording and what is the remedy to correct and to prevent this from happening in the future?  It is frustrating when this occurs while I am out of town and cannot do a thing about it.

bgf88
Tutor
Tutor

So, continuing my troubleshooting, I removed the camera from the system and then added it back in.  It appears to function now.  But, my question - how to prevent this from occurring again still stands and I desire a response.

jamieCM
Initiate
Initiate

I opened a ticket with them on support and I was informed that they were aware if it. Not heard anything else from them.

I have got my camera working, but only by disabling the smart notifications. I hadn't realized how used I had got to seeing the preview in the notification until I turned it off!

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo status page says they have fixed it but I’ve not added mine back on yet to test.

tallybucsfan
Initiate
Initiate

Nothing to add other than I am having the same issue.  No recordings visible.  Live view fine.  System indicates recordings - but can't play any of them.

Harolds
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo finally admitted on their status page that library were not working, took almost until the end of day to get that, me thinks the status page is not automatic and is manually changed.

Recordings for today are being saved but I still do not have any recordings of yesterday the 15th (PST)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Between 10/14/19 11:30PM PT and 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT some Arlo Smart subscribers who utilize the Activity Zones feature noticed video clips were missing from their library. This issue impacted all Arlo Camera models except for Arlo Ultra and Arlo Pro 3.

As of 10/16/19 01:50 AM PT this issue is resolved and video recordings now work as previously configured. All Arlo systems are operational.

You may always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/ . Our team continues to closely monitor our systems to ensure they function as expected.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue. Please contact Arlo Support should you have any questions. 

jsdrgrandma
Tutor
Tutor

As others have said, my cameras are not recording motion detection, this has been going on all week,I talked to chat support, did an uninstall reinstall and it worked when I did, but soon stopped working again, maybe something going on with something other than me having faulty equipment?? I wish I new how to fix it, or Arlo will develop a fix since I am not the only one experiencing the same issue!

bigben89
Guide
Guide

Well, what do I need to do on my end to get it working again, because it's not and it's been several hours since this update.

tanabeboy
Guide
Guide

I am still not getting recordings either. This is very frustrating as we are out of the country. And while I am aware that 99.99% of the time nothing of importance is happening, it would be nice to feel that the product we decided to secure our home with was working properly.

Hyperwind5
Star
Star

For me and others on the forum, we found that deleting the activity zone on the camera resolved the issue.   I can confirm that for all 5 of my Arlo Pro 2's.   I haven't added the zones back to confirm if Arlo has fixed the issue or not.

Masterwayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had Success so far with deleting all my cameras re-adding the cameras and not adding activity zones and then I get the alerts and everything and it stores it in the library
RobKelly
Guide
Guide
2 cameras notify and record. 2 are no notice and no recordings. Back to where it started. This morning I had 3 working. This company is not responsive to its customers. Surveillance is like a car. If it does not work it is useless. I've been fighting the hard wired system, but the tech on this stuff still sucks so maybe that is the way to go.
tanabeboy
Guide
Guide

All of mine are hardwired. And i'm pretty familiar with the routine - reboot base station. If that doesn't work remove and re-add cameras. The problem is I am remote and can't do that second step. 

That being said, rebooting my base station seems to have applied the update for now.

tanabeboy
Guide
Guide

I removed all activity zones, rebooted base station, then re-added zones afterwards. Works now for me (Arlo Pro 2)

RobKelly
Guide
Guide
I've tried everyone's suggestions. Even if I get them to work for a like while, they will revert back to no notice and no recordings. Eliminating zones might work but when i had no zones a couple years ago i would get hundreds of notices and vids. I do t live in an area where I can leave them of and with all respect why you i surrender an important feature because Arlo messed up?
tanabeboy
Guide
Guide

100% agree - their product and software should work at it's very basic core. I understand that the technology isn't perfect yet - I am hoping there is a way that the software will eventually not record leaves rustling in the wind. The smart notifications are a step in the right direction, but the fact of the matter is that with it record ALL movement events, the amount of data is bogging down the base station and my network.

Hyperwind5
Star
Star

I re-added the activity zones back and confirmed everything appears to be working properly now, will continue to monitor.

G28
Aspirant
Aspirant
By way of update.... so it’s working again. Switched base station off and didn’t work, then the same again and broadband for a couple minutes and it worked by some of my x10 cameras either didn’t reconnect or connect immediately and had to repeat the progress. To echo someone else’s message on this thread, yes it’s become unbelievably bandwidth/data hungry......... after sales support = 0/10
G28
Aspirant
Aspirant
I take that back, only some of the cameras are working....... why is it not sorted yet, where is the email to explain Arlo?
Doc_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine started working again today, but all of 10/15 i have no recordings in my library  and  last one on 10/14 was at 10:50PM pacific.

Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
Same here. Mine started working today as well & nothing recorded from yesterday. Too bad they are secretive about bugs, etc. Nobody should have to jump through hoops to try to fix what is caused from their lack of quality. I use to be avid fan, but service is falling downhill quickly.
Doxiedoglover
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just received from support: