Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @FirstJohn318

You are missing recordings for which cameras?

Do you have CVR enabled?

***Previous Post***

"I have a few questions for you

-Are the recordings missing on the web portal & mobile app?

-What version of the Arlo mobile app are you experiencing the issue with?

-Which Phone/OS are you using?

-Which Cameras are you experiencing the missing recordings from?

-Do you have CVR enabled for any of the cameras missing recordings?"

mbrianmeis
Initiate
Initiate

RobKelly, I've been having the same problems, not recording. What's the point of the cameras then?! I guess Arlo thinks we'll be happy watching live video of our stuff being broken into and stolen? No thanks. I'm done. Goodbye, Arlo. It's time to switch. I'll be going with Wyze. 

Deborah43560
Guide
Guide
I opened a ticket with them let’s see what happens! Thanks for the information I didn’t even think of submitting one.
Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Hi I have 3 cameras and in 2 stages since the weekend the system has began to fail. First 1 camera stopped sending notifications and video to the library. Contacted CS and after almost 2 hours they agreed to send me a new camera which will arrive tomorrow. Then today the other 2 cameras stopped sending video, although I did get notifications. I wanted to try and reset the system back to scratch, so this is what I have done.
1. I deleted all 3 cameras.
2. I deleted the base station
3. I unsubscribed from the premium service.
4. I add the base station from the app
5. I added each camera in turn from the app. I did not recycle the power, just pressed the sync button etc
6. I removed all custom modes and set the current mode to ‘armed’
7. I removed all schedules
8. I did not set up any zones.
All is working fine, even the camera due to be replaced tomorrow.
I’m going to run it in the most basic sense until I’m convinced that Zones, subscriptions and notifications are working again. Good luck!!
CCJ101
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do they know? Do you mean it is a central problem and not local in my system?
Hyperwind5
Star
Star

Hi ShayneS,

I have a ticket opened with support since this morning.  The recordings are missing on the web portal and both Android and iOS apps.  I did confirm if you go to live view and manually record that shows up in the library, but none of the normal recordings are appearing in the library.  For me, this is across 5 arlo pro 2 cameras, 2 of them are wired to power and 3 of them are on battery (100%, 51%, and 10%) 

I haven't had a recording appear since around 10:30 PM PST, I've restarted the base station, did not do a full power cycle by unplugging the unit.  Nor have I had a chance to remove a camera and re-sync it, but I will try those tonight when I get home.  I am also curious if local recording is capturing all the events, which would point to an issue strictly on the cloud side.

I am running Android 9 on the latest app version, my home base and cameras are all updated on the latest firmware, no CVR on any cameras.

Outworlder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smart notifications not appearing on android phone also no clips showing in library since 10:00 am this morning, I have removed and reinstalled apk on cell phone also rebooted base and check all settings, no change. There apparently was update today and it has created this problem . I have premier plan and I think Arlo should give discount for the inconvenience since I am paying for a premium service.

jasonlee106
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem.   Arlo Support should really check their cloud servers before they start messing with customer's cameras.   Re-Synchronizing does nothing other than wasting our time troubleshooting when it's their cloud servers not working.  

Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok so I will get motion alerts and only the 7 day recording? Did you know if a ETR is out there or if they are aware?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Hyperwind5

Thank you for the detailed information.

jasonlee106
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's a central problem.   There are other forums on this topic going on.  And yet Arlo support will waste our time messing with our cameras by having us re-synchronize the cameras instead of first checking their cloud servers.   I wonder why their stock price has been taking a dive.  

Knuky
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. About to chat with support but wont be touching a thing until they look at there end.

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Yes it reverts to 7 day recordings and standard notifications. I have read on another post that the “experts” are aware of an issue
api
Tutor
Tutor

- both App & Web

- iPad Pro 11” / iOS newest system / newest version of App and maCOS Catalina / Safari

- Arlo Pro & Pro 2 ( 1 pro2 works, 2 pro work, the others (1pro2 and 3 pro don’t work)

- Smart Premier Plan  (no CVR)

why is there a new problem every month? How are you testing software updates? 

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
From speaking with CS I don't believe they have much to see. They can’t see any recordings and can’t see the cloud. It seems they can see the devices and device names, firmware and hardware versions and that’s about it.
Salpos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue with me. Detecting motion but not recording.
FirstJohn318
Tutor
Tutor

I only have 1 camera. I dont know what CVR is. However whatever settings I had yesterday I had today. It was working fine then but not now.

Jaff66
Guide
Guide
Hi,
This morning all my battery powered cameras developed the same issue. They are all connected to the base station, they all function correctly except they fail to register any recordings. My Arlo Q cameras are unaffected. I've restarted each camera with no success. I've also restarted the base station several times but still the cameras are not registering any recordings.
Has anyone else experienced the same issue. Is it due to the latest update?

Cheers,

Dave
Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for responding
Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Salvos - do you subscribe to enhanced notifications etc?
Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok it worked.
wilson2828
Aspirant
Aspirant

So  my Arlo has stopped sending notifications through. Even though it is set up to be and i have checked my phone settings and they are on. It seems to be one specific camera that does it then all of them drop out. 

I cant turn automatic overwrite on as it doesn't let me swipe across on the app. So i deleted all footage to make room and it made two cameras start recording but still not any notifications and one camera isnt recording anything again.

I have tried resetting the base station and re syncing cameras.

Helllllllllp

I have tried getting onto live chat for two days, doesnt work, sent an email and have been on hold on the phone over half an hour!

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Gurlplz702 What was your original issue and has unsubscribing fixed it?
Salpos
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I subscribe to arlo smart.
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having same problems on Arlo Pro and Pro 2. 

Tech said they have problems with their cloud server.

This is the worst security camera system, EVER!