Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Kaskillah wrote:

I have the same issues among others. I've tried practically everything suggested. These cameras are terrible or maybe the system itself. They're great for recording bugs or tree leaf movement but little else. The phone support has been miserable and imprecise at best. I really regret ever buying the system. It has given me a false sense of security. It also is very disappointing you have to rely on a community for answers since the company does not appear to have any answers for common issues.

After barely a month of having this system, I'm ready to return the whole mess to where I bought it and demand my money back.

Unfortunately, it seems to be slowly getting worse.

I have been sending JamesC video after video demonstrating the problems. It has gotten to the point where every thumbnail of every video that shows a car, truck, pedestrian leads to a video where either the car, truck, pedestrian or whatever has disappeared or is way off in the distance rendering the recording useless. 

Even worse, more and more our Arlo Pros are failing to record even the most blatant motion. 

What has begun to infuriate us is that more and more we are forgetting to even check the recordings because seldom do they show anything we need to see.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Imagine if they stopped wasting customers' time performing useless troubleshooting and instead focused on fixing their software.  Every single issue can be tied back to the firmware. How do we know? Because the system _used_ to work well before May.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Kaskillah wrote:

I guess mine has never really worked right. I got mine in early July.

Yup, in that case all you've known is a broken system. May got bad but July bascially broke everything for a few weeks.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Kaskillah wrote:

I have the same issues among others. I've tried practically everything suggested. These cameras are terrible or maybe the system itself. They're great for recording bugs or tree leaf movement but little else. The phone support has been miserable and imprecise at best. I really regret ever buying the system. It has given me a false sense of security. It also is very disappointing you have to rely on a community for answers since the company does not appear to have any answers for common issues.

After barely a month of having this system, I'm ready to return the whole mess to where I bought it and demand my money back.

To think, back over a year ago when we got our system and after a month all we had to suffer with is poor battery life and poor motion capture by the basic Arlos and the strange location of the mounting hole on the Pros that made it nearly impossible to screw it into the mount. 

Now we wish that those things were all we had to complain about-----because we STILL HAVE THEM ON TOP OF THE LUNACY WE ARE PRESENTLY SUFFERING.

Danannis
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 2 Arlo Babies, 2 Arlo Pros with Base and all of them seem to be laggy, and drop connection. The worst is the Baby product when you want, rather expect, it to work monitoring your baby, and it says "Connecting" or "Connection Lost." Reboot, Restart, etc... and it might work. 

I'm not sure if, let me think... $1,000 dollars, was just burning a hole in my pocket or I thought I was buying some good products. 

Arlo -- You need to step it up a notch. I'll happily share my experiences on the social medias, and within Amazon reviews to help other people's choices. Really hope this gets fixed ASAP, because I'm almost there. 

Danannis
Aspirant
Aspirant

HAHAH I would, except they are well past the return dates.. I've had these for a few years now. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Kaskillah wrote:

I got a message that there was a firmware update available. After trying many times to update it, I was finally successful. While it looks like the firmware is now current, I have not see any improvement in performance. My video captures are still lagging just like before, showing the subjects leaving the scene. Video lengths are also unpredictable, with the recording stopping while the subjects are still in action. The settings are set to keep recording up to 300 seconds.

So much for hoping ARLO would fix anything.

I think it's time to research a Nest system.

Hmmm.....I, for one, did not get any message and its been so quiet the past week or so that I surely thought that Arlo was working their little fingers to the bone on a major firmware update that would fix EVERYTHING!

Sigh.....

Colbs10
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 Arlo pro 2 cameras that are not picking up vehicles or people. So I am not getting any notifications. You can live feed the camera though. I have power cycled the base station as well still no luck. Both these cameras are running off their battery
Debbie_Stewart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue but only since charging the camera, the other 3 are sending alerts fine at the moment

Gurlplz702
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here since Oct 10th
Dcskinner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issues I have to turn off my activity zones to resume recording otherwise will not record with activity zones on

RobKelly
Guide
Guide

After update, half cameras not recording. Removed, reinstalled, changed battery, nothing works. System is only recognizing 2 cameras. Every few months I have some issues like this after an update. The ratings of Arlo have gone from 4 stars plus to now under 3.

Grizle
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve just noticed that 1 of my wireless cameras no longer detects motion.  Looking back in my library it looks like it hasn’t been working for the last couple days.  The live feed is still ok but that’s about all it does now.

We were working at home Sunday and turned both cameras off since we were working in their area, turned them both back on once we were done.  1 camera is fine and working as it should however the other has lost its mention detection for some reason.  I have restarted hub, removed and added camera back and still nothing.  Currently charging the battery to full, it was on 64%.  When I do the motion detection test the yellow/orange light doesn’t appear, even at 100 sensitivity and I’m standing right in front of it in my kitchen.

I’ve had nothing but issues with this system since I bought it about a month ago.  I’ve tried google and the community here but only suggests what I have tried so far.  I cannot get hold of any of the support services, get cut off on the phone and no one is available via online chat.

Can anyone please help me?

PDG11
Initiate
Initiate
Half of our cameras have not been recording for several days, but we get alerts. Arlo posted that they have fixed this but it’s not true. What’s the point of having these cameras if they don’t record? Please fix this Arlo ASAP!
ZooKeeper314
Initiate
Initiate

Any update to the original issue of video saving to USB not not showing up in the library of the app?

Mine stopped showing up with the "new updated" app. I pulled the USB & can confirmed on my laptop that it continues to record to USB, but can not see them past the 7 days on iphone app.

Netvuk
Guide
Guide

Grizle - I have a similar issue. I did get through to CS on chat for 2 hours. In my case I noticed I stopped getting notification for one of my 3 cameras. What was strange is that the app showed a black motion icon which turned orange when I walked under the camera. Yet nothing, no notification, nor video sent to the library. This happened over the last weekend. I restarted the base station, re-synced the camera, still nothing. CS were a little prescribed with the fault finding and kept saying the camera was not detecting motion, even though the app clearly showed it was by showing the orange motion icon! It took almost 2 hours for them to agree to send me a replacement camera. Then today I noticed that the other two cameras have stopped sending video to the library. These do send notifications though which is strange. I rang CS again as I now have a ref number which clears the usual telephone queue. Now they say they need all 3 cameras next to the base station before they will continue (prescribed) fault finding. Its driving me crazy because the system has been working just fine for just over 12 months!! Until today I would have said that the one camera was faulty, but now maybe it could be the base station?GOOD LUCK!

cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I still randomly have this issue with a few recordings here and there.
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Doesn’t matter if they fix it, something else will be messed up in the process. 

Deborah43560
Guide
Guide
Same here I’m like really!!
MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Hve the same problem after latest uppdate of Arlo app.

Have 5 cameras and 2 which are connected with power adapter stop recording.

Have turn them off and also disconnected them but still no recordings.

You can see they indicate for movement or sound and you can check them live but no recordings.

All settings are right.

Have Arlo Smart premier activated since long time and have been working fine until know.

Need help or comment problem known from  Arlo

Markv414
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are sending motion notifications but not recording anything all day today. I see this has been a problem before ??

api
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. All 7 Cameras stopped recording at around 11 a.m CEST. 

Smart Notifications still work but no recordings at all.

It's unbelievable how unreliable this system is. Every few weeks there's another problem. Can't travel frequently to set up the system again and again and again. Please get that fixed and test your software BEFORE release. 

Rhodeuk
Initiate
Initiate

I've got 2 cameras and one just stopped recording today despite getting motion alerts and icons in the app indicating it's recording.

Not sure what the deal is.

Terry6656
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem with my cameras this morning.
Deborah43560
Guide
Guide
These cameras are not cheap and I purchased them to help with security if they are to help why so many issues. I thought since they updated the Arlo app it would be less problems. If several of us our having issues they need to send out an notification on when it will be resolved