Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lpmom
Follower
Follower

There are no recordings in my lib rary anymore. Camera profiles show there are recordings but the library has no recordings.

422 REPLIES 422
RaccoonCam
Guide
Guide

Oh well, here's a still showing the very first frame of captured video.  In the past we would get to see the raccoon cross the majority of the patio.  What makes it worse is that this one is either proceeded or followed by three more which we only get to see as they emerge from behind the grill and head into the back...

Apprentice
Apprentice

Something has definitely changed as 90 pct of the time I don't see vehicles except maybe at the fringes of the field of vision or just hearing them.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

So glad to hear it's not just our system doing this. Is there a fix, was there an update that made it screw up?  We only get the tail of a car if we are lucky. It used to 'predict' motion and turn on ahead of time, but now it's all too late

CJ89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running into the same issue... seemed to be after the latest update but not sure. Definitely much more lag

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Please! fix the issue of the motion detection lag we have now. Cameras used to 'predict' the motion and start recording by the time the (i.E.) car got in range, but now car has gone by when recording starts.

Unknown-
Tutor
Tutor
I also experienced the same issue after they fixed the server playback/recording problem. It’s been replaced with lag and some cuts off on playback as well
Unknown-
Tutor
Tutor

+1

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ksss11 wrote:

Please! fix the issue of the motion detection lag we have now. Cameras used to 'predict' the motion and start recording by the time the (i.E.) car got in range, but now car has gone by when recording starts.

+1 as well. I have recordings set to 30 seconds. In the past ~week I'm now getting 27, 29 second recordings. With no changes on my end. Used to always be 30 seconds on the button.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@GaryBoisseau wrote:
Also, there is now an unacceptable delay in receiving notifications from the app upon motion detection. Some of mine are taking 10 minutes to be sent.

Echoing these complaints, JamesC, I sent you a second video that shows a vehicle disappearing like magic when the video is viewed and then nothing shown as if the vehicle teleported away like on Star Trek.

JamesC, now all of the videos from our three Pro cameras are doing the very same thing rendering their motion capture utterly useless on top of herky-jerky, blurry videos.

Windows 10 has reported ten million lines of code and even Microstupid can fix things in a matter of weeks. How much firmware code can there possibly be in the base station boards and camera boards that a decent programmer can't run through a series of tests and find the issue?

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MikeBravo wrote:

@GaryBoisseau wrote:
Also, there is now an unacceptable delay in receiving notifications from the app upon motion detection. Some of mine are taking 10 minutes to be sent.

Echoing these complaints, JamesC, I sent you a second video that shows a vehicle disappearing like magic when the video is viewed and then nothing shown as if the vehicle teleported away like on Star Trek.

Our mailman teleported from the middle of our driveway back into his truck yesterday. Amazing feat!

Anyone else kind of wishing Arlo completely breaks at this point so they're forced to re-write their code base? It's clearly built on something highly unstable and unpredictable.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC @JessicaP @ShayneS Arlo Pro caught my delivery man having an out of body experience today. I tested my internet on dslreports immediately after this and got A+ score for Quality and Bufferbloat, with download speed of 113 Mbps and upload of 11.4 Mbps.

Will this be fixed soon among with the multitude of other issues we've posted about on this forum?

arlo_phase.JPG

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Funny how arlo people respond to simple questions, but when we are stuck with a now useless product since it doesn't record the motion until it is OVER with, they won't reply or address this situation. Come on, no one likes to admit they messed up, but they did and they should fix it ASAP. 

pdarlo
Initiate
Initiate

When first impressions linger into the hundredth (and more), it's impossible to think well of a product or the company behind it. That's why, rather than consider buying the latest/greatest Arlo cameras, I'm looking at everything else.

Arlo often can't detect when a car moves from directly in front of its lens. Or it starts recording when a person is practically out of the frame (though other times it starts recording before they even enter the frame). Or it records nothing at all... over and over again over the course of an hour. It is, in a word, useless.

The advice I've gotten -- to reset the system, switch out a camera for a replacement from Arlo, or delete and then add back a camera -- has made absolutely no difference. The performance of the units remains unpredictable and, therefore, unreliable.

And when Arlo sends out an offer to buy a solar charger which claims it can kept cameras permanently charged, that's somewhat hard to believe. I tried keeping the cameras permanently connected to AC power but, as soon as the batteries reach 100%, they start to lose their charge if they remain plugged in. Why would a solar connection prove different?

And then there's the offer itself. When I navigated to the landing page, the item is "currently unavailable." Just like Arlo's ability to provide reliable technology.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

How do we get their attention so this problem will be fixed? I have mostly silent videos as the cars/people are already by. If it wasn't for the manhole noise when the tires go over it, I wouldn't even know a car went by. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@ksss11 wrote:

How do we get their attention so this problem will be fixed? I have mostly silent videos as the cars/people are already by. If it wasn't for the manhole noise when the tires go over it, I wouldn't even know a car went by. 

We're wondering too if what is happening lately is somehow something they are doing on their back end that is affecting all these issues other than sneaky firmware updates that make things worse.

The lag in motion capture is so bad now with our Arlo Pros that are basic arlos are WAY BETTER compared to them now. 

Also, other strange things are happening with the Pros such as videos that freeze during playback. That is, the video keeps running but the motion captured freezes. 

We recently sent a video to JamesC that showed a truck roll slowly into view and the back of it suddenly stretch out like some movie special effect before snapping back to its correct shape.

Finally, like some others, the episodes of sudden battery draining, going overnight from 50% or more to dead the next morning have struck us too and are increasing.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Firmware update was pushed last night and nothing improved on my end. What are they doing with these firmware updates if it's not fixing anything...

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Mine still aren't recording right. Doesn't record until after car/person passes by. Had a solicitor come up onto our porch and it didn't get him at all. We figured it out after seeing him visit the neighbors.

A fix for this yet? The lag has renedered the system useless.

moe300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue.  Pixellated video and warping like star trek.  Nothing has changed in my setup as it was working good before so it has to be the latest fw update.

Jkova78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having major issues with delayed recording on all Arlo pro cameras. Never had an issue with sensitivity or recording as soon as movement is detected, however lately any movement that triggers the camera has already passed out of the cameras sight. Also when cameras record whatever movement triggers, it’s very jumpy and pixelated. Is this an issue with the base station..? I have many steps to resolve this issue with no avail.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I have noticed this too. All my cameras are at 100% now. And still missing obvious movement. I have camera trigger an inside camera. And set to record as long as there is movement. The master camera record is 8 seconds the slave 26 seconds. They both stop recording at the same point in time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Have you tried adjusting your camera(s) location, placement, or sensitivity. I have provided a few articles that will assist with this.

How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

How far away can my Arlo camera detect motion?

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS wrote:

Hello,

Have you tried adjusting your camera(s) location, placement, or sensitivity. I have provided a few articles that will assist with this.

Really? Really? 

You mean that might be the whole problem, Shayne?

I beginning to wonder if Shayne and James might not just be AI's.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

That's a load! ...We have had to place 3 (THREE!!) cameras to same area just to capture what the one house camera used to capture. The warping is not  as bad , but the extreme lag delay in starting to record, meaning the car/person/act is OVER with completely by the time the cameras come on, is just awful.  How much longer will we have to wait for this fix?

CJ89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Of course we tried that!

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MikeBravo wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

Hello,

Really? Really? 

You mean that might be the whole problem, Shayne?

I beginning to wonder if Shayne and James might not just be AI's.

All my cameras are set to record 30 second clips. For about a month all of my clips are either 27 or 29 seconds. Not 28 seconds...or 30 seconds. So yes, almost every clip is empty of activity as apparently the lag is so bad now that the recording starts AFTER the actual event.