Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone else using the CVR function?  I have a camera pointed out my driveway using CVR for 2-3 days now and I've noticed that the CVR video appears to be out of sync with the activity timeline.  Meaning, if I scroll through looking for a "green motion sensed event" in the timeline, the video doesn't reflect any motion.  In fact, if I look at other cameras or even the same cameras built-in clips of the motion event, they display the video.  So it seems the timeline and CVR video itself is out of sync.  Whether it's forward or backward or by how much, I have no idea.  I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure that out and I've yet to find a CVR video of any movement.  Very frustrating.  Add this to bug #4 I have experienced with this device, and this one makes the CVR entirely useless and not worth the monthly charge.  I am BestBuy Elite+ so I do have some time to return but this is becoming very very frustrating...

38 REPLIES 38
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Shocking. I have just restarted a cvr subscription to find it’s still buggy as hell. The timeline is completely out of sync
Zegor
Star
Star

Did this ever get solved for folks? I'm just trying the CVR plan with one camera and have had it running for two days - both days the time of events is incorrect. It's not a good experience to use if the time is incorrect and I agree, it becomes quite useless and frustrating. Seeking help from Arlo has thus far been futile.

metalunna
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, it has not.  I have not heard back from support. 

The time sync is always off and really does make it useless to find stuff.  

At this point, it was already paid for, so I'll let it run out.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have come to the conclusion to ditch arlo. Seriously look around their forums. There’s too many issues. Worst still some of these issues have gone on for way too long, especially when you consider how much you’ve paid for a home security system. Even worse is the fact they make u pay for cvr that DOESN'T work.

CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION!
Zegor
Star
Star
I've had some minor issues in the past, but mostly am very happy with the product. I'm going to give them a chance to at least respond - hopefully they do. Getting the time of events accurate on a CVR plan, I would think, is pretty darn fundamental.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Seriously even if they did respond. I can guarantee you nothing will change for a good while. I’ve been let down far too many times now.

Zegor
Star
Star

Yeah, unfortunately you were right @Jonjonajamieson. I've cancelled the plan. Just too many bugs with CVR - timeline incorrect, some videos not saved to library, no videos saving to local USB storage. No good.

fishferbrains
Star
Star

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for sharing your CVR experiences.  

As one who's personally been struggling with Netgear's Velop software - specifically Parental Controls that have never worked - I wanted to check here before subscribing to CVR.   Thanks to your feedback, I've avoided an investment that would just give me more headaches.

Software appears a real problem for Linksys and as a techie myself I've browed Linksys jobs to discover a number of leadership engineering positions are open in San Jose and Richmond, BC.   

To the Arlo and Velop Product Managers who might read this:  Stop adding new features until the stuff that's out there is stable.   We want YOU to be successful.  

ewolk
Tutor
Tutor

I'm also having time sync issues.  I've yet to find the difference but I have an "event" at 1AM and when I search the stream for the same time I get nothing.  This is just one of several issues I'm having with these cameras.  Between time sync issues, cameras randomly disconnecting and not reconnecting until I restart the base, the inability to fast forward the CVR footage etc etc, this was such a large investment that I'm deeply regretting.  I wish we could see some sort of bug and feature roadmap that Netgear knows about.  If they're at least working on it and knew about these issues I'd be more willing to continue buying new hardware, but at $200 a pop with no good support, it's a total waste of money.

LauraR
Initiate
Initiate
Mine is over an hour off sync. Just had 4 gunshots in our neighborhood and would have loved to have the audio off the cvr for the police to hear. Having it available in an hour is pointless 😡
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
What drives me mad is; back in feb this year I canceld my cvr subscription (second time) for purely this reason. It was unusable. Barely was in sync. After complaining and realising they weren’t gonna do anything I canceld.
The fact that your still experiencing the same issue and we’re nearly in September -it’s infuriating. seriously dude just do what I did and cancel your subscription.
ewolk
Tutor
Tutor
I canceled mine a month or so ago. Between the random gaps of missing recordings, time sync problems and mostly dismissive support, I'm done with netgear.
Pawebb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Just wondered if there was any fix for this yet? my offset is about 40 mins. Also since upgrading to the CVR plan my smart notifications don’t seem to work correctly which seems to be another known bug. Thanks
Colinexl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope, issue still exists. I have 5 cameras and have CVR on one of them. Seems to be anywhere between 6 to 8 minutes out of sync. CVR is basically unusable right now, especially if you cannot even save a clip. Going to return this and go with Nest.
Discussion stats