Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cyrus104
Guide
Guide

I have been looking at the pan zoom function on my camera in the Arlo app but there is no removed feature. I have also tried every combination of single and double clicking to try and remove it with no luck.

Thoughts on a fix for this super simple feature would be great.

Thanks. I have a whole host of other simple features that don't work either, maybe one at a time and this thousand dollar unit will function ok.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which platform? iOS?
My Android app shows pinch to zoom and I can adjust the green box how I like. If I want it "reset" I just "unpinch" and move the corners out as far as they'll go and it's sorted. You could also try the web client as that as a reset button

cyrus104
Guide
Guide
Latest Arlo base station and Arlo 2 cameras. Using the Android app on 2 different phones, I can drag the zoom box out but no matter how much I work it still cuts some of the video.

I just want a remove option on the app, it's the most natural thing in the world. As soon as we as devs make something a user wants it off, netgear has been around a long time the must know that by now.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The latest Arlo Base station as in the Arlo Ultra?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just swipe left on the zone to delete.

cyrus104
Guide
Guide
That's incorrect for video settings, you're information is specific for the activity zones menu.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

True enough - sorry. For Pan and Zoom, I just zoomed and then carefully  returned all corners of the zoom box to the corners of the video. It can be a pain to do this on the app but possible. Use of a web browser is easier.

Edit: More testing shows what you experienced - even with the zoom box returned to the corners, a small amount of cropping happens. This on the Android app. I would try the browser next.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation