Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view not working?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
marc132
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having trouble with my live view not working.  I have contacted arlo and still no joy.  It will finally connect, with a 13 second delay and then after 20 seconds or so it will disconnect itself.  I have swapped cameras, reset the main box thing.

The cameras are plugged in and record movement and that video fine.  BUt anytime i try to view whats going on live it will not work.  and the same with audio... huge delay!

Any ideas?  I work from home some days and want to keep tabs on my store and the live view would be nice.  This happens on my phone and the laptop using the website.  

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @marc132

When did you first experience this issue?

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I occasionally have the same issue with one of my cameras that has a tenuous connection to the base unit.  If you're connection isn't strong, can you try to move the camera closer or with better LOS to the base and see if it improves?

marc132
Aspirant
Aspirant
It had always been like this. It has never worked right. About 6 months or so old.
marc132
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this issue with all of them. The one I check the most is the closest, maybe 15 feet from the main arlo box.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@marc132

What are your Upload/Download speeds? have you changed your internet service or router/modem?

marc132
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had this issue and added more bandwidth and still no change.
I think it is 300 down 30 up
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with all the cameras? Is it isolated to the Arlo App or does the delay occur on the Web portal as well?

marc132
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this is with all cameras and on the app as well as the web version.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation