Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Handing Arlo System off to new owners. Just need to remove camera and Base Station from account?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sean7512
Star
Star

We have sold our gouse and I am leaving the Arlo system here for the new owneers and I'll be buying a new system for the new house.

Once I remove the cameras from the Basetation and then remove the Basetation from ym account is that all I have to do? I assume that will put all of the cameras into a "new" mode so the new owners can download the app and set them up themself?

Would any of the old recordings still be visible to the new owner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you did , remove device on all cameras and then base....

In your account, you should see no devices. ( you can still access your own library )

In you new location , add the new system to your current account ( if keeping same email , otherwise you can start a new account )

The new owners will have to set up their own account and add devices just as if new.  They will not have access to your account ( don't give them your info )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you did , remove device on all cameras and then base....

In your account, you should see no devices. ( you can still access your own library )

In you new location , add the new system to your current account ( if keeping same email , otherwise you can start a new account )

The new owners will have to set up their own account and add devices just as if new.  They will not have access to your account ( don't give them your info )

Morse is faster than texting!
sean7512
Star
Star

Thank you, I figured that was all I had to do, but wanted to make sure.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation