Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Could you set up routine that activates cameras between certain time or if smart lock is locked?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BestInShape
Follower
Follower

Hi !

I´m kind of new to this product. I am interested how you guys have set up your camera routines? I was thinking a good way to set it up is as follows - Geofencing daytime (that way we can play in the yard without Arlo is recording and also run in and out of the house) and at night we usually lock the door before bed time and I was thinking if you could set up a routine that activates the cameras between a certain time or if the smart lock is locked?

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

My routine is to create custom modes for the time you’re at home. Daytime, evening and midnight. In each of these modes add rules for the cameras to do what is required such as recording, notifications and adding the siren.

Set the default armed mode camera rules to do what you want when your away from home.

Edit the schedule mode to control what times your custom modes operate when your at home.

Then setup geofencing to choose armed mode when your away and to choose schedule mode when at home.

I am not aware of any arlo interface to trigger arlo modes from your smart lock.

IFTTT is a third party App that could be usable but I believe you can only select armed or disarmed modes and you risk spreading your login access about.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation