Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Hondadogie
Guide
Guide

When I try and activate live view after motion is detected, does not work. Camera system is 5 days old, firmware up to date on both cams and base and app is up to date. If someone rings my doorbell and I try to activate live view, its almost as if the camera won't go into live view until the recording is sent to the base station. I saw a similar post and there was no solution. This cannot be the way it was designed otherwise the two way audio and live view modes are useless. Disappointed.

Rob

29 REPLIES 29
PShay
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I open the app and go to the specific device that resulted in a notification I see that every time the motion sensor icon is on I cannot access live feed to see why!  Im really starting to feel like I wasted my money... All it does is try to connect for minutes without success until there is nothing triggering the sensor. As long as there is movement it won’t connect. a min or 2 after it’s not being triggered then I can get in. This tech is garbage if it can’t handle the work load of allowing live feed while motion sensor is triggered! I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS COMMON

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
I have been having the exact same issues for I don't know how long now. I turned it off yesterday and unplugged it a bit. Reconnected and it worked as it should. Thought it would stay that way but today, back to the same issue. Thought I would come here and see if others are having the same problem. No, it is not supposed to be like this. Something must have changed in the last month or so for it to be doing this.
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue. I just assume it's b/c the recording is in progress.  Still annoying

Rob999
Guide
Guide
I have exactly the same issue. It is a fairly recent fault and never used to be like this.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have the same problem for some time now.
The sad reality is that Arlo is really only good for “after the incident “ record. It will never help you catch a person doing something bad red handed as they are long gone when you get the alert.
Sad, really!
Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation