Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need tech support help

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Powayman2
Guide
Guide

If you have technical issues take them back to the store. Tech support is worthless and never followed back up with me. Youre on your own with Arlo. Decent camera but they dont back up their product with professional tech support. This is what you get from a call center in India. Just be aware and good luck!

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Powayman2 wrote:
If you have technical issues take them back to the store.

Or, if you can frame a sensible question to describe your issue, use this free and well informed resource.

Probably quicker than a drive to return them.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Powayman2
Guide
Guide
The cameras make noise while viewing live. Sounds like a sewing machine or pouring rain in the distance. No fix as far as I know.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

All cameras?

How many do you have?

What troubleshooting measures have you taken?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Powayman2
Guide
Guide
I have 5 cameras and went through the entire process of resetting and reinstalling the cameras. The issue with tech support is they said only one of my cameras was bad, when in fact they all make the same noise. They also had different people helping and giving me opposing directions/options. When i questioned it, they were very confused and not helpful. Now they just stopped supporting me and replying to my emails. I was very professional and tried to explain the situation. Doesnt help the support is in India... Like i said, tech support is terrible.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Powayman2

I have escalated your case and customer support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

frecha
Initiate
Initiate

I wish I had read reviews before i dove in and bought a 5 camera system. What a disappointment this experience has been. Spent nearly $1K to get the run around when i tried to get one of my cameras replacement - under warranty, Yes they provide different ways to communicate - but what is the point in having all these different communication channels  if no one returns your inquiries or even provide you with realistic updates. You are pretty much left in the dark - forcing you to call, text and email numerous times. How is that more efficient than sending a simple update to your impacted customers. I also noticed that there isnt a product review section if you buy directed in their website. How convenient for them. Terrible customer service and the equipment isnt as expected. Charging monthly plans for CVR. I will post where i can my experience so others thinking of buying an Arlo are well informed. So many others that offer better support.

jimk0022
Initiate
Initiate

Yep agree. There is no support whatsoever. I have an open call at the moment and they send me an email every 2 weeks saying they are trying to contact me and if I don't update my call it will be closed in 4 days.   Also recently cats are being identified as people and people are not able to be identified by the system ..  and when I tell them they tell me to do all sorts of idiotic things with my cameras when what they need to do is look at the back end and work out why their stupid system cant tell the difference between a cat and a person !! They are useless I wish I had never heard of Arlo !!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation