Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone XS Max On IOS 13.6 not playing videos in Library

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Videos are not captured/played in Library on iPhone XS Max On IOS 13.6

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chaiyos

Are you still experiencing this issue playing back videos in your library? Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have many times but it still doesnt play videos. Took the base to the local distributor and they had the same issue and couldnt help with anything. They said it's Arlo's app issue not compatible with IOS, just wait for Arlo to come out with new App version. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Chaiyos

Do you still have this system to try some troubleshooting?

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes I still have it and would need Arlo to help solving the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the mode set to armed? Are you using a custom mode? You can try and perform a factory reset and test again.

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes mode is set to armed.

And yes, I had tried factory reset a few times, didnt help. 

Just wonder if others experience the similar issue. Saw in previous community chat back in 2018 that somebody had the similar issue (link below). How did that get resolved. Saw Arlo moderator asked many questions, similar here but I didnt see the solution in that chats.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/iPhone-XR-IOS-12-1-is-not-playing-videos-in-library/m-p/1652502#M...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Getting-message-when-I-want-to-see-the-recordings-no-server/m...

or base is broken? Local dealer said that IOS and Arlo Fireware are not compatible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Chaiyos

Regarding this statement "Local dealer said that IOS and Arlo Firmware are not compatible". That is incorrect, The Arlo app is compatible with Android & iOS.  What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

• Apple devices: For all future product and app enhancement updates, the Arlo app requires iOS version 11 or higher.

to be clear, is your system detecting and recording to the library but you can not play the videos within the library?

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated in the subject, I am using iPhone XS Max with IOS 13.6

The Issue is there are no recordings in the libraly but the system do detect the movements. The warning messages are received through phone notification.

Again, the base has been reset to factory reset a few times, didnt help.

Can you also advise about the similar issue that a few users raised back in 2018 as per the links that I sent, how did that get resolved.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Arlo app version do you currently have installed?

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

As mentioned earlier, I have tried to re-instal the app so it's the latest version available on App Store. Version using is 2.18.1(619) released Jun 30, 2020.

Can you list out the questions that you have so I can provide details that you need in one go instead of coming back with one question at a time. We have about 10 correspondances on this issue but I still dont see any suggestion on how to resolve the issue.

Also, I referred you to the case back in 2018 with similar issue and I still havent got a response on how that issue was resolved or it didnt get resolve at all.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I can only see that the latest Arlo app version resolved the previous issue in the thread(S) you are referring to. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not helping at all....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chaiyos wrote:

As stated in the subject, I am using iPhone XS Max with IOS 13.6

The Issue is there are no recordings in the library but the system do detect the movements. The warning messages are received through phone notification.

No recordings at all?

Can you confirm that you have a Pro-2 cameras?   Your symptoms generally happen when people have no subscription with newer cameras (ultra, pro 3).   

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

No recordings at all. And manual pictures taken also not shown in the library.

These are pro-2 cameras that come with the base. I did not purchase /add new camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chaiyos wrote:

No recordings at all. And manual pictures taken also not shown in the library.

And this is also true when you look at the library in a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com )?

Chaiyos
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Not sure because I also have  problem accessing live function in my.arlo.com as well. It kept saying the "request timed out".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chaiyos wrote:

@StephenB Not sure because I also have  problem accessing live function in my.arlo.com as well. It kept saying the "request timed out".

But can you play the videos already in the library?

Also, if you get frequent timeouts accessing live, then the camera is probably too far from the base.  What signal strength are you seeing?

allowsee1
Aspirant
Aspirant

In your Iphone delete arlo app and  goto setting /General/Language & Region/          Region = Thai land   Calendar=Gregorian  (no Buddhist or Japan) you can see all your library. Regards.

allowsee1
Aspirant
Aspirant
JTBernier
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I am having the same issue... with the same phone... with the same iOS.

I can playback videos in my library, but the library doesn't contain videos for the last 24 hours.  But the Hub does.

It appears to be an issue between the app and iOS 13.6 which was recently released.

Also, I don't receive notifications when I attempted to log in to my account from my MacbookPro.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation