Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Like to isolate 2 Base Stations by putting them on their own VLAN-VLAN 30. Thoughts?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
grahamfletcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 base stations that I would simply like to isolate by putting them on their own VLAN - VLAN 30.  I am very familiar with VLANs and have never had an issue like this.

I have a port dedicated to VALN 30 and when any computer is plugged into it, get's an IP, internet, etc.  No issues.

I plug in either of the base stations, NOTHING.  LED turns blue for a second or two then starts flashing orange/amber.

If I move it to an untagged, VLAN1 port, no issues.

Thoughts?

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grahamfletcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

So here is how I got it working across 3 switches - Dlink-to-Dlink-to-Netgear

Yes, had to be on all untagged, but dedicated VLAN ports - trunks had to be tagged - but the clincher was a "PVID" setting on the Netgear that I was unaware had to be same as the tagged VLAN for the Arlo.

So it's all working now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@grahamfletcher wrote:

If I move it to an untagged, VLAN1 port, no issues.

Do you know if the VLAN is set up to include the VLAN tag and identifier in the ethernet frame?  If it is, then try changing the setup to remove that.  I am thinking that base station network stack might not support receiving those frames.

Without the VLAN tag, the base would have no way to tell it was on a VLAN.

grahamfletcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

So here is how I got it working across 3 switches - Dlink-to-Dlink-to-Netgear

Yes, had to be on all untagged, but dedicated VLAN ports - trunks had to be tagged - but the clincher was a "PVID" setting on the Netgear that I was unaware had to be same as the tagged VLAN for the Arlo.

So it's all working now.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation