Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 Pro2 (H5) require installation after every power outage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CloisC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Enough!  I have 4 Pro 2 cameras that our mounted outside all with power connections..  Every time there is a power fluctuation or outage, the cameras stop working (lose connection).  This has occurred three time since I purchased them (Fall 2019).  The only way to get the system working again is to remove and reinstall.  That means numerous trips up and down the ladder, repositioning, etc.  I have other genetic wireless IP cameras co-located with the Arlo system running Blue Iris software that are extremely easy to restart and does not require dismantling to get up and running.  Any suggestions?  FYI - now one of the cameras will not work with a battery installed (tried several) but will work connected to power?  Another Arlo issue!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would run all cameras that are plugged in with batteries to fly through power outages. That camera that won't work with a battery has a problem - invoke your warranty by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Why are you putting up with it?

I would also use a UPS for your modem, router and base to fly through power outages, too. I suspect the issue isn't the cameras but that the router and base have also been power cycled. 

CloisC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  All my systems (computers, monitors, printers)  are on UPS. The only items not on UPS are the outdoor Arlo cameras and they are on a GFCI breaker supported power source.  I also have several wireless IP cameras on the same power source but no issue with them.  I believe my next step will be to rip and replace the Arlo cameras with something a little more reliable.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation