Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo worthless without cloud service.. either I'm missing ALOT, or Worthless without Cloud service

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Fau5tu5
Follower
Follower

Pro 2, with 5 cameras (1 disabled) and Doorbell,

Wanted to stick with the free service/no service and use "Local Backup" instead of "Cloud" service.

Supposedly should have 7 days Cloud even with free.. (that's a no)

I have troubleshoot(ed) for 2 days> 

Technical background and experience (HIGH) Not a software engineer, but I code, and play with all the tech toys for many years, servers, networks, iphone app integrations, CCTV setups, ... typically if it is for "consumers/pro-sumers" Im good to go...(not infallible or all knowing.... but with instructions, support, youtube, hacktorials, etc. I'm not often stumped )

Right now the Arlo system is almost useless/worthless without a paid account... (which by the way the website wouldn't even let me set up when I gave in just to get it functional until I could replace the whole system.

1.  The time from "Alert" to being able to view the video capture is 4-5 minutes

2. Only one device can access Local Recordings... once one has accessed it, they are unaccessible by others even when logged off .

3. Guest account (wife's iphone) with most current version of app, CANNOT access LOCAL backup... Only Popup saying "Purchase Cloud Account" Options.

4. Intermittently the """functioning""" app on ipad will not be able to access LOCAL Backup it was just viewing "Check Connection"  (Connection is bulletproof and perfect ...  Same wifi network, Port Forwarded for others, 100Mbps up and down.

Unless I am missing something pretty major.. (I can make mistakes )  This system IS NOT for ANY kind of actual security or even monitoring...  It is just a web toy...   We've had it for 4 months..   it was never great with the cloud backup.. slow, dependent on internet connection to even work locally.. and VERY glitchy.. cameras stopped working and started working days later... or required to be rebooted (battery removed and replaced)

I guess the next thing for me to look at is whether there is anyway to use the wifi cameras without (bypassing) the Arlo software/service..  

Is anyone else dealing with these issues?  Have you  found fixes?  Am I overlooking something huge and obvious?

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation