Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor

I’m viewing all my videos from 7 cameras (some arlo pro and some arlo pro2) and they start slow and clumsy and then normal. Is it a cloud problem? Is someone else having same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.10. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the app.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Jamez_S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Playback of recorded activity is very slow and choppy. It was fine this morning. iOS 13.1.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be your service... try it on the web access ; https://my.arlo.com

It may help determine where the issue lies.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Heinie
Guide
Guide
I have the same problem too! Its in slow motion for 3 sec. and after that it will come back to normal speed. Is this the new update?
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, me too. Seems to drop frames and have a poor image quality too.

Heinie
Guide
Guide
Why is the arlo legacy working great than the new arlo app?
Jamez_S
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope. Same issue. Playback begins in slow motion then after 3-5 seconds resumes normal playback.
JRif
Tutor
Tutor
I have continuous choppy, pixelated video and slow video playback that speeds up and slows down randomly. This occurred immediately after I downloaded the new app. I also get multiple notifications for every recording with the new app. Anyone have a fix?
Busav8or
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started having the same issue a couple of days ago.

JRif
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, mine has only been about three days now.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Is this happening through the web client on your computer? What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Same here, goes slow motion for a few seconds then ok but sometimes speeds up after 10 seconds and eventually video stalls, audio playback remains at normal speed.

Upgrade to latest iOS app and phone reboot makes no difference.
Heinie
Guide
Guide
Im using an iphone x
The old arlo app is working better than the new arlo app thats why im not using the new app
CeeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having similar problems and long delays in video showing to view.  Anyone if it's possible to go back to using old app?  I have an iphone.  

CeeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried it doesn't work.  It has to be a bug in the new app.  What's the point in purchasing security if it doesn't work properly?  Totally defeats the purpose.

Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor
Tried but no results
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor
Yes with arlo legacy app everything works fine but when I use new arlo app problem is back
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor
I’m viewing video always from my iPhone7 and never happened until now
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor
It started to work right again
Unknown-
Tutor
Tutor
Add me as well, getting worse for me and the timeline bar never moves but video plays
Dannybear
Master
Master
Tried playing the recordings on the web portal browser using flash and while they play at the correct speed they shutter and drops frames. Some throw a playback error after 15 seconds into the recording.
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here on an iPad Air (1st gen) with iOS 12.4.1 and an iPhone SE with iOS 13.1.

I have to watch the stuttering video first, go back to the start of the video and finally see the video with the correct framerate.

Regards.

Mja300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is also the same
Enzogolfo
Tutor
Tutor
Yesterday it worked normal again for a bit but now again with the same problem and yes if you replay again video from beginning, it works fine.
Please arlo need to do something about it and/or at least notify customer on what they want to do. I’m a premium customer and have 7 cameras, between Pro and Pro2, so what’s the point of paying for the recording when lately there are always glitches and problems.
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have this problem with playback starting in slow-mo for few first seconds. I noticed it IMMEDIATELY after updating iOS App to ver 2.9.1. (1134) running on iPhone XS Max under iOS 12. Previous version of the app and "Legacy" App are working correctly!!!

Also, now while scrolling down through camera list of my 20 cameras, I intermittently see camera tiles with solid black background displayed for a second before picture of screenshot with last activity gets filled in. Looks ugly! Another optimization attempt gone wrong?

These Arlo updates... Like walking a minefield... You NEVER know what is going to BLOW!

Discussion stats