After the latest Android update on 8/7, now each time a camera triggers, I get no less than 3 or 4 push notifications for the each event. I just got 6 now for one event. Sounds like they broke something new in trying to fix the bug below in the Release Notes:
- Fixed a bug that caused push notifications to appear out of order
Can someone take a look at the code here?
After I moved to a brand new phone, my duplicate push notifications stopped (imagine that!). It took about 6 months for them to begin again, so I know it's an Arlo app issue. The temporary "fix" (which is really a workaround because this is some sort of bug) is below.
1. Force stopped Arlo app
2. Clear Cache for Arlo
3. Clear Storage for Arlo
4. Uninstall Arlo
5. Go to Settings>System>Advanced>Backup
6. I noticed that Arlo is not an application offered in the list of backed up apps but I proceeded with Step 7 anyway
7. Kick off a manual full backup (list of components includes App data, Call history, Contacts, Device settings, Photos & videos, SMS text messages)
8. Wait for backup to complete
9. Re-install Arlo and now I'm not getting duplicate notifications
My feeling is that since Arlo is not an application listed in the list of backed up Apps, it's some other data more hidden that Arlo has on the device that's not being managed properly. Hopefully this information helps anyone else until they figure out how to permanently fix it.
JamesC has been aware of this issue since the beginning and was in discussions with QA about these steps. I sent him a DM but not sure if he's passed the information on to QA.