Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

LED flashing BLUE with motion detected! ALWAYS!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Strodium
Tutor
Tutor

Once upon a time the app for controlling the LED light in the cameras had ANOTHER setting not just "led when battery is full" setting. Yes it's OFF. 

Now my ARLO Pro 2 that is connected to the power always and has PREMIUM sub for 2K recording and 30 days cloud has an annoying flaw. When it detects movement ALWAYS is flashing blue led. No not amber LED flashing when you test the detection.

I bet the APP that control the cameras is GENERIC and it's just tweaked depending what camera you have. Meaning in cameras like ie Arlo GO I bet it has extra LED control option; "detect motion led on/off" This code is still there ALWAYS on in my camera.

ARLO! For heaven sake, give us total control of the LED operation light. Blue, amber, red, power or charge. Please!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The LED control has always been only for full charge (and for syncing). There's never been other controls.

If removing and resyncing doesn't cure this, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware issue.

Strodium
Tutor
Tutor

I'll stop you right there!

First: I know what the LED SUPPOSE to do. Please don't treat everyone like he's not bothered to read the manual!

Second: I reset the camera and it was STOPPED doing it for few minutes and then started again!

Third: I've done computer studies. I know when to identify a SOFTWARE error but also replaced, renamed and re-sync with one of my other cameras. Guess what. The camera that I have under no premium sub have NO problem but once is the one connected to the CLOUD (because is the camera that has the premium membership) started blinking blue again. The battery is inside. Removed or not makes no difference. So no it's NOT hardware issue. 

Here's a note from Arlo GO manual:

"Fast blinking blue
The camera is connected to the cloud.
During charging, blinking for three seconds
indicates that charging started and blinking
for two seconds indicates that charging is
complete. " and

"The Arlo Go LED indicates the status of the camera. The LED can be useful during
setup and is helpful when you are troubleshooting. You can turn the LED off and
on. We recommend that you wait until your camera is streaming before turning off
the LED.
If you turn off your camera’s LED, the LED remains off until you turn it back on. If
you remove and replace your Arlo Go’s battery while the camera is not plugged in,
The LED lights as usual while the camera is powering up, and then it turns off again
as soon as the camera is done powering up"

To sum up. NO matter what camera you put under the Premium sub for 2K recording in the cloud, is the one that had the LED blinking blue upon detection and probably dumping data to CLOUD. No re-sync, delete and factory reset changes that. So NO HARDWARE ISSUE. It's software issue and Arlo is not allowing me to switch off the LED completely thru an app option like the Arlo GO.

Sheesh.......

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can not relate what the GO does to the Pro2.... different HW/SW

Sheesh....... as much as you want

Or contact Arlo Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dcfox1
Master
Master

I was thinking the same. 

Strodium
Tutor
Tutor
Do you even read my posts?
Arlo does NOT give me the option to switch off the LED completely. I think a code line in SW that refers to LED function other than the battery charge status sip into the PRO app causing the issue.
If you don't have to contribute to the app code to confirm or dismiss my suspicion please don't bother replying.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation