Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with installing new Arlo PRO 2. 2 are in different countries. Can't terminate one of them?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 different Basestations with Arlo PRO 2. One is placera in Sweden and one in Spain. I took two of the cameras bought together with the Swedish system and are trying to install them in the Spanish system. But it seems impossible! I have terminated one of the Spanish camareras and have no problems to reinstall them again. However the cameras bought together with the Swedish Basestation can not be found by the app.

Anyone who can help me with a solution?

When performing the installation both the led on the camera and led on the front of the basestation are flashing rapidly after some minutes, indications everything is OK, however the app still will not find the camera!

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use REMOVE DEVICE from the system before moving cameras?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, the system bought for Spain was with 2 cameras and have been working for a year. The system I bought for Sweden was with 4 cameras and 2 out of those has been working for 6 month. The remaining 2 were packed down and brought to Spain. It’s those 2 I’m now are trying to install in Spain. Hope that answers your question.
Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant
Perhaps I understand better now. If the camera was not removed from the system in Sweden, can I do it from here in Spain? Is there a “factory reset” for the camera?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only reset for the camera is pulling and replacing batteries....

Yes if the other base is online, you can remotely use remove device.

Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cant find any other connected cameras on the app than the two in Spain (since 1 year) and the two in Sweden (installed 6 month ago) all of them are working good. Can the cameras I have here still be connected to base in Sweden?

I have tried several time to replace batteries! And have checked the firmware!

The option seams to be to bring the cameras back to Sweden and try to install them with the Swedish base.

Best Regards

Gert Maulin
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried to sync them directly without app/web?

Press base sync button ( don't hold ) and after press camera sync button

Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have, and it looks like they are synced without problem. The sequence ends up with that the leds rapidly are twinkling in blue. But still not a sign of the camera on the app. Just a text on the phone or on the IPad telling something like “ Looking for units”, in Swedish though!

Have also checked the WiFi and it’s OK. And when terminating one of the existing cameras I have no problems to reinstall the existing camera again. However not the new one. Perhaps the new cameras still are paired to the Swedish base already from the delivery?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have seen this before... the cam appears to sync ( rapid blue flash ) but doesn't appear in list.

Somehow the camera thinks it's sync already .

Only option is a reset of the base and then starting over as if new with all.

Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
I tried to terminate and restart the base and your suggest was the key! I managed to install one of the new cameras. The second one refuse to lighten up the blue led. I can only see a blue flash when I insert the battery. I have changed the battery but with the same results! Any clue?
Looks to me like a defective unit!?
Thanks for the help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Gip54,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have managed to sync 2 out of 4 cameras, the remaining 2 refuse to light up the blu led when pressing the sync button.
Any idea what has gone wrong?
Have changed the battery and recharged the battery but still no blue light on these 2!
Gip54
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica
I have waited for several days now, for an answer by mail. Did put a second mail to support some minutes ago.
Have also tried the live chat several time but no answer.
Best Regards
Gert Maulin
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your experience with the support team.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation