Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

185 REPLIES 185
Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

When I talked to US tech support they had no idea what I was talking about. They said no issue on their end and it was through arlo??

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@steelydanu 

They are "Pointing fingers" at each other saying, "He said, she said" back and forth. If you call both companies, they will say, "It's them"....it's a never ending circle of B@LL$!T. The bottom line is a product that we ALL purchase and rely on is not working. Get it to WORK!!! 

EBTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just hung up with at&t they're saying they did an update to their servers a have caused this issue and they're working with Arlo on  coming up with a fix. They do not have an ETA on this, but says the engineers from both sides are working together to resolve this. Hopefully the fix comes quickly.

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@EBTX 

Well, that's what they told me, yesterday (3-20-2019 @ 0841 hours PST). 

vpete
Tutor
Tutor

I JUST SAW MY BASE STATION INTERNET CONNECTIVITY COME BACK UP!

AmericaRocks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem and my issues was just resolved (without any recent action on my part).

I have been having the same problem for two days and thought it was a problem with my netowork.  I just found this message thread last night and I was about to call AT&T as requested and report the issue.  All the sudden, mine started working in the last 30 minutes.

Thanks to everyone for pushing them for a resolution and good luck with your own resolution.

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@vpete 

YES, MINE IS BLINKING GREEN....SO TIME WILL TELL....

steelydanu
Aspirant
Aspirant
vpete
Tutor
Tutor

Now to just relink my base and cameras... aarrggh

Zara987
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guys, I’ve had the same problems since Tuesday morning. Just noticed my cameras are working again.
Zer1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have all the necessary green lights but yet my base does not seem to be found once I try and connect it to the app anyone else having this issue? It is not discovering the base on the AT&T
DanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant
JBartels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here - my cameras weren't working at 0845 CST when I left on an errand, but were back on line when I returned at about 0945 CST. 

Bethany
Star
Star

I just got off the phone with ATT and they said they had isolated the problem to an issue with .172 IP addresses. They contacted Arlo and were waiting for Arlo web site admin to get back to them. However, sounds like the issue might have been solved as I was hanging up. My ATT rep said that during the hour I was on the phone with her just now they received ALOT of call, so thanks to all who called it - I think it helped!! My cams seem to be back online. Woo!

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

Not at home! Hope my are back up. I had deleted my base to try to reinstall since this was a suggested option at the beginning. Anyone else do that also and any problems reinstalling and syncing?

Tamipap
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally after 3 days we are back online yeah. I thought I had wasted money on these cameras.
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

My internet light went green about 10:30 a.m. EDT...hooray.

Now I want to know what the exact problem was!

Now I have to climb on a ladder 5 times to retrieve the camera and resync!

JBartels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked and my system ( base + 6 cameras) is up across the board.  For the record, I never did change anything while the system was down only because others had tried and it didn't seem to work.

@Zer1 wrote:
I have all the necessary green lights but yet my base does not seem to be found once I try and connect it to the app anyone else having this issue? It is not discovering the base on the AT&T

sephiroh00
Aspirant
Aspirant
all green lights on my arlo base but still its not connecting
mfz961
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base stations came back on line. The iPhone app now sees all and can turn on and off the modes. Thank you Arlo, AT&T or who ever else.

steelydanu
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShapedFuture
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK I'm on ATT Fiber and it looks like the base station is connected again and I can control/view my cameras. (After 3 days of having a paperweight) 

one4goals
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s after 11 am EST.
System back up automatically.
I didn’t have to do anything.
Cameras all triggering!
jsibayan
Guide
Guide

As of 3-21-2019, at 0838 hours, my system and all cameras seem to work. Thanks everyone, I guess we made it heard. 

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cameras back up, but not receiving any notifications on my S9.