Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

185 REPLIES 185
njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

If ATT is your ISP please post in this thread for more visibility.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Issue-with-ATT-internet-base-station-offline-cannot-connect...

CoryA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this?

I still cannot access my.arlo.com or the Arlo app from my computer or phone when connected to AT&T wifi, and my base station is still not connecting.

Bobby001
Tutor
Tutor
Yes if on Lte the app works, if I’m on my att WiFi it won’t open, same for the arlo website. Base is offline going on 2 days now I’ve reset everything and everything works as it should except arlo base, cams and app and websites
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this is obviously an AT&T issue, Arlo isn't the place to be posting. You need to be working with AT&T to get it fixed. At least one user on the previous page actually did contact AT&T support and found that it IS their problem.

robocam
Guide
Guide

Did the poster who contacted AT&T have any success in resolving the problem?  If so, what was the issue specifically?  If we contact AT&T we can get the specific help we need.

bdeborba
Guide
Guide

I cannot connect to arlo app while I am on wifi. It connects when I turn wifi off though. Now, I have other issues as well because the arlo q camera no longer turns on even after resetting and my base station is not connected to internet even though everything else in the house is connected. I tried the ethernet cable for the base station and it works fine. How can I resolve these issues???

Bethany
Star
Star

I contacted AT&T last night and they told me there was a known issue with Arlo and it would be resovled within 4-5 hours (however, they didn't tell me what the issue was or if it was on ATT or Arlo to fix). It's still not fixed, though. I see that Arlo is now aware of the issue so hopefully they are working with ATT to get it resolved. I would encourage you all to contact ATT Internet support as well. The more people they hear from the bigger issue it becomes for them and hopefully a higher priority. 

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Following...

I too have AT&T fiber,,,everything has worked like a charm since my initial install in October 2018...then on the evening of 3/18/19 it all went down.

I was lying in bed and signed on with my android and it would not connect...finally gave up and went to sleep.  Yesterday morning I tried through the browser with no luck...power light green, internet light amber, camera light green.

Before I found this thread, I finally did a hard reset on the base station with no luck, then I did a hard reset of the AT&T modem, AT&T router, and powered on/off the base station again.

Nothing helps!

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Obviously one side made a change that is affecting the other. The pressure needs to be put on Arlo as it is their product that is being affected. Issues like this require both IT teams to work together which unfortunately with the 2 companies involved does not lead me to believe this will be resolved quickly.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you did a full reset of the base, you must claim it back to go online

Also some antivirus can cause setup issues as well as VPNs

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bethany
Star
Star

James, We cannot log in to Arlo App or Arlo Web site using our home network/ATT wifi. The screen spins and spins and can never connect. However, if we turn off wifi on our device, we can connect using our cellular signal. The base station will not connect to the internet in the home either. Which renders Arlo completely useless. So it is definitely an issue somewhere with ATT Home interenet (not cellular). 

bdeborba
Guide
Guide
I just the power button is green, internet is amber, and camera light is amber. I reset the base station which is why camera light is amber. I tried to restart several times, changed ports, changed ethernet cables, and nothing! This is getting very frustrating!! On top of that, I cannot log into the app while connected to wifi. Everything else on my wifi is working. How to resolve??
Stinac12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue! Out of nowhere my base station is suddenly offline and I could not log into the portal, both on and off wi-fi. Finally got in this morning and it says again its offline. I've restarted my router multiple times, changed ports, cables etc also and still nothing. Whats the deal Arlo???? 

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone come up with a solution on this? I tried everything talked to att and arlo for hours last night. I even deleted my base to try to reconnect everything, but can not due to not being able to connect. I also can't sign in.

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

Any updates on this? Stayed on the phone for hours last night trying to fix this.

Dlewis3247
Aspirant
Aspirant

Talked to Arlo support yesterday, as soon as he asked me who my internet service provider was the immediatly told me they are having issues with AT&T at this moment and asked me to wait 24 to 48 hours for a resolution. 

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks!! Talked to arlo again this morning. They are saying no resolution as of now.

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

I spent an hour with AT&T "chat" this morning (no phone to call)...they are basically "clueless" on the chat side...they reset my router about 5 times (of course that is not the problem).

Sure wish I had found this thread before I reset my base station...now I fear I am going to have to get on a ladder to retrieve my 5 cameras to re-sync them!  That is...whenever the powers to be get this resolved.  Right now I have a $1,000 paper weight!

pstexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have issues loggin into Arlo app on AT&T network too. If I'm on WIFI, I can't login at all. If I'm off WIFI, I can login to Arlo app via cellular data but all the cameras (Arlo Pro base and Arlo Q) are down. I have Dlink cameras too but those are working fine. It seems the issues are very specific to Arlo and AT&T U-Verse. The problem starts on March 19, 2019. It looks like everything was working fine until the midnight of March 18, 2019 (CST).

kentlee
Guide
Guide

It does look like it must be an AT&T ISP issue.

At this point, I'm not sure I'd recommend anyone do a hard reset since a lot of us have tried it already to no avail. If it ends up being resolved on the AT&T/Arlo side, then hopefully everything comes back up as normal.

In fact, it actually looks like the issue is accessing Netgear's servers in general through AT&T as I was having similar problems through my Netgear Orbi router. The Orbi app still says internet is "offline" since yesterday even though everything else is accessing the internet just fine.

Arlo access is fine offsite as others have mentioned but once connected through the home wifi, no device of any kind seems to be able to sign in on Arlo apps or the web interface. Power-cycling and resets of modem, router, and base station don't help either.

Let's hope AT&T/Netgear/Arlo figures it out soon!

kentlee
Guide
Guide

Are you using AT&T as your ISP?

Another forum post on the Pro 2 section is showing a number of users with AT&T that cannot connect. Seems like it started in the last 24-36 hours.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Issue-with-ATT-internet-base-station-offline-cannot-connect...

SoCal704
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had the same problems as the others had mentioned and also with AT&T. At the same time my Xbox One also was not able to log into Xbox live, that problem seemed to clear up after 12 hours. If this is AT&T related I believe Xbox May had the same problem but got theirs corrected.
Maz4
Guide
Guide
I am having the same exact problem
Be_jammmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues here as well.  Last night at almost midnight the Arlo rep said to give them 24-48 hrs to resolve.  Unfortunately, I already did a hard reset so I am lucky enough to have to reconnect all of my 6 cameras again once, if resolved.  On a side note, do your cameras really have to be close to the basestation to connect for the first time?  This would be helpful to not have to take down from outside and bring in the house. 

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed for a swift resolution.

B

JBartels
Aspirant
Aspirant
New to community, installed base station and cameras a week or so ago. No problems at all initially, but out of the blue yesterday started having problems signing in (Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.). After repeated attempts, it occasionally signs me on, however no action possible because base station reflects as offline. I've rebooted AT&T router, as well as ARLO base station numerous times to no avail. I've also replaced the ethernet cable, which didn't work either. Lastly, I've scoured through the community posts, but although there may have been similar issues resolved after some highly technical (to me at least) solutions, anything I have tried from there has not worked. Starting to think I've wasted a substantial (again, to me) a substantial amount of $ because if I have to be a DB Administrator to troubleshoot, there's no way I'll be able to keep this system up and running. Thanks in advance for your time and I would greatly appreciate any advise you may have. Lastly, I apologize if I missed an applicable post and if so, just point me in the right direction.