Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Community,

The ISP routing issue resulting in some customers’ inability to access My.Arlo.com and Arlo Base Stations being offline has been resolved. We appreciate your patience while we investigated these reports and worked with our service partner to address and resolve this matter. 

Please let us know if you’re still experiencing any issues.

Thank you,
Arlo Team

View solution in original post

185 REPLIES 185
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you got access to a web browser to see if you can access arlo ok.

If you’re using local wifi on your mobile, turn it off and see if you can access arlo ok using the cellular network instead.

If you’re modem router has dual band wifi then try using the 5Ghz band for the mobile Instead of the 2.4ghz channel that the base station shares with the modem router.

Also if you have smart devices like Chromecast or google home change these to the 5Ghz band if you can or turn them off as they too can share the same wifi channel with arlo and your modem router.
Puraj83
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem as of early this morning...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But did you try anything suggested above? WHat have you tried? WHat do you see?

Seanloy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woke up this morning and noticed my arlo base had an amber internet light. Did some rebooting and nothing changed. Did a factory reset and now have two amber lights (internet and cameras). Anyone willing to help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Internet light might be solved by just rebooting the modem, router and base, in that order, letting each initialize before going on to the next. Unfortunately, having reset causes the Camera LED to go amber and you may need to do a full reset and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device selection in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, and schedule before doing this to speed rebuilding.

A quick thing to try before going that far is to simply see if you can claim the base as above and see if everything works. If not, you're stuck with the full reset.

Garrj1912
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo stopped connecting to the internet this AM. Tried clearing cache, etc. no luck. Went to log onto the my.arlo.com and it wont even come up. Called support, they finally agreed it was a server issue, but did not know about it and had no knowledge of when it would be fixed. Anyone have a clue whats up?
Seanloy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok bare with me. I’m not a tech guy. I have the ATT router. And the Arlo base. Where/what would the modem be?
Tamipap
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here tried everything
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why is it so hard to actually list what you've tried? We can't guess - your "everything" may not actually be everything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't know that you have a modem, it's likely a 2-in-1 modem/router so start by power cycling that.

Bobby001
Tutor
Tutor
My base has been offline all day. My iOS app also won’t sign in on my att WiFi, it works if I turn WiFi off. I have reset the arlo base and my WiFi gateway and modem several times. Every thing works but my arlo base and app on my internet. I have a green power light and 2 amber lights on. What gives ?
Bethany
Star
Star
I’m having the same issue. Also on ATT internet. Makes zero sense.
njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

My arlo base went offline approximately 9pm est last night and no matter what i do will not come back up. Internet light is amber. I have rebooted my entire network, delete try to re-add etc. I am ATT fiber customer and use eero as my router. Thinking this may be some sort of ATT blocking issue as i think someone else is having the same issue with ATT?

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here. Have tried all troubleshooting. ATT fiber and eero constitutes my network. Internet light stays amber.

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Samue issue here. Also using ATT as my isp. Base has been offline since sometime last night. Have tried all troubleshooting for a few hours now and internet light stays amber no matter what.

robocam
Guide
Guide

Same problem here.  Amber internet light.  Cannot access MyArlo.com to log  in.  This has been an issue all day.

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is ATT your ISP?

robocam
Guide
Guide
Tamipap
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried reconnecting and everything listed in the troubleshooting list, internet stays amber has been this way all day. I have att and no other issues with anything else and can access on wifi and without still will not connect. P
Bobby001
Tutor
Tutor
Been working fine for over 2 years. What’s really strange is the phone app won’t sign in at home on the WiFi but will if WiFi is off. It seems like att is blocking arlo
njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep same experience with sign in only working off my home network. Hopefully someone here will see this and get with ATT. Has to be on their side.

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you happen to be using ATT as your ISP?

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here and also have ATT as my ISP. Seems a few of us are all having issues and ATT as the isp is the common ground.

theonlycman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same situation here as well.  Going on since this morning.  AT&T Fiber is my provider, and everything else seems fine except for Arlo.  Can not access website (arlo.netgear.com) through browser (Chrome) nor my phone's app (IOS).

Internet light is also amber on base station.

Frustrating...