Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mwhited17522
Follower
Follower
Is there a way to see live cameras from a TV monitor using the USB port?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Would it work to "cast" from an Android (or other) device to the TV?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

As of yesterday, Arlo now works with Google Assistant and Chromecast. I have been able to control both my Arlo cameras and Smartthings with it. I have not yet tried my Chromecast, but it is supposed to work to view the cameras, (I'm assuming live view), on your tv. But I don't think the cameras are set up to view 24/7. They will probably time out after a period of time. Also, I think that while in live view the only way to record video would be to manually record. I'll have to try later to see if Google Assistant can do that. Meanwhile, let us know how it is working out for you.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the video can be cast from another device if you have that option, but not directly from the Arlo system itself.

Any extenal device that doesn't support flash will not function live ( but usu will play stored vids in mp4 like an xbox, etc )

If in LIVE view, the only way to record is a manual start, and most of the Arlo cams do time out ...about 30 mins for Arlos, 1-2hrs for Q ( last tested )((Arlo Baby does not time out ))

Morse is faster than texting!
JimNC
Initiate
Initiate

I use FireTV.  Enable the Arlo Skill with Alexa.

Mash the microphone button on the remote, say, "show 'front door' ".

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation