Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 and IFTTT

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
cbrauckmiller
Star
Star

I have a new setup.  I bought the Arlo Pro with 2 cameras.  I've connected IFTTT to my Arlo account and everything seems ok.

I just added a Pro 2 camera over the weekend, but for some reason, IFTTT doesn't see the new camera.  Anyone else see this?

I can't figure out how to ask this question over at IFTTT.  They seem to hide their community page for some silly reason...so if you have a link, I'll be happy to use that.

Thanks

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KSJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

IFTTT is not recognizing any of my devices for my custom applets (sticks in 'LOADING' or states 'UNAVAILABLE'.  I have connfirmed that the service is connected (have disconnected and reconnected multiple times.

HOWEVER, if I use one of the ARLO created applets it appears to work fine.

pkret
Aspirant
Aspirant

The ifttt integration is broken for some time now (http://status.ifttt.com/incidents/2wpfb9t09n8v). The device selector always shows "Loading...", while the corresponding ajax request has returned a 500 error. Nobody at ifttt or netgear seems to feel responsible to fix this. Man Indifferent

KSJB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I solved my problem by NOT using IFTTT and switching to STRINGIFY it’s a phone only app, but I had my rule running in under 5 minutes (and that included downloading and learning the app). The Arlo cameras appeared instantly - does this mean it’s an IFTTT problem?
sLyDwAyZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the same frustration with Arlo and IFTTT. So what I do now is leverage Stringify to do basic arming and disarming. My issues with Stringify is you cannot run a flow for custom modes as the only working modes are the default "armed" and "disarmed". I have a problem with this because I like my cameras recording any motion/audio at any time but do not want notifications in certain modes. I do hope this gets resolved soon as I am surprised a top security camera solution is not getting the visibility we all want when we decided to go with the Arlo Pro 2. Great product but not full filling my full integration needs.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

KSJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

It WORKED!!! Thanks JamesC - totally excited to be able to use this now, will be a real saver!  And to the IFTTT community this rocks, I'm looking forward to adding more smart devices to my home. 

sLyDwAyZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
It now works likes a charm. Now only if it wasn't too much to ask to be able to use custom modes between Arlo and IFTTT.

Anyhow thanks JamesC
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation