Arlo Pro2 - Android App Not Reflecting Current Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

My evening schedule starts at 8:30pm and it was currently 8:45pm.  When I logged into my mobile app it still showed the previous schedule as active.  I logged into the web page on from my PC just to check to see if it was a base station issue, but the web page showed the accurate schedule.  The only way I could get my Android app to update the currently active schedule display was to log out and back in.  This looks like this is something wrong with the mobile app staying current with the schedule change.  Is this a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think it's continuously updated. The schedule mode will function correctly but the displayed mode in the app isn't updated unless you restart the app or do something else to refresh its status eg change to disarmed and change back to schedule

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't think it's continuously updated. The schedule mode will function correctly but the displayed mode in the app isn't updated unless you restart the app or do something else to refresh its status eg change to disarmed and change back to schedule

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Hmmm, seems like a bug with the app then because the PC accurately displays the current schedule. What would the purpose of a schedule be if you login and it's showing the wrong one (even if it happens to be cosmetic)?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Every time that I've check the mode on my mobile devices (that I can recall), the mode has shown properly. Just checked again to verify and al modes are displaying properly.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

For the most part it always has for me as well until last night when it didn't update.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@sangwinacher wrote:
Hmmm, seems like a bug with the app then because the PC accurately displays the current schedule. What would the purpose of a schedule be if you login and it's showing the wrong one (even if it happens to be cosmetic)?

If you login to your Arlo app, it should show the correct mode. If you open the app after only having just been in it and it opens to not polling the base, it may not show the correct one if there was a change since the app was opened. You can tell when the system gets polled because when you open the app and it goes to the devices tab, it'll either take a while to show the ear, running man, signal and battery level icons while it polls, or it will show them instantly because it's still active from your last recent session

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

I guess that leads to a question; how frequently does the mobile app poll the base?  Obviously it polled after logging out and back in, which is what corrected the display of which schedule was active, so I guess it comes down to the frequency of background polling for changes.

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Turns out it doesn't poll the mode setting if it changes, only at re-login.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation