Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is arlo pro 2 base station (USA) compatible with arlo cameras (AUS)?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gabg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm impatient to wait for the Arlo Pro 2 to come to Australia and intend to purchase it from USA. (Amazon website)

In the future, I plan to add other Arlo cameras (e.g. Arlo Q for inside house). If I have an Arlo Pro 2 base station is it compatible with Arlo products from Australia?

Apologise if this question has been repeated. Have been searching through forums but couldn't find a similar question.  From looking into the forums, I'm aware the Arlo cams are charged from USB charger so I'm hoping they are universal and not dependent on locale, (geographic location) and only the base station needs a transformer. (Convert voltage from 210v to 110v)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Arlo cameras are compatible with all Arlo base stations.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Arlo cameras are compatible with all Arlo base stations.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB adapter states on it 100-240v ac @ .3a input ( US prongs )

But is is just NOT a standard USB.  It is a qualcom type dual voltage output , 5v for running, 9v for charging the battery pack

The base still takes 12vdc on a coaxial plug so a tranformer will be needed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

AFAIK, the Pro 2 base station is the same as the Pro base station and should be 100-240V rated. All you should need is a travel adapter/plug pin adapter. Do you already have any Arlo cameras? I bought Arlo Pro locally, despite the $$$$, and then bought add on Arlo Pro 2 cameras from Amazon. It works well. I had originally bought an Arlo HD 4 camera kit locally and I'm glad I did because of warranty issues with that original kit.

gabg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great idea. Havn't brought the cameras yet, going to go with this approach and buy the Arlo Pro base bundle and buy additional Arlo Pro 2 from USA.

Cheers!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation