Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
rlugibihl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone else experience notifications on their Arlo Ios App, but when they attempt to pull up the video in the library they experience delays as to when they can actually watch the video?  I'm constantly being notified, but by the time that I can actually watch what is happening it is literally minutes after.  Example being that I have cameras on an alley way behind my house and when I am notified and can actually see people walking in the alley it's too late. If they where  going to do something mischievous I wouldn't know until they had left.  Is there any way to improve the performance so that I can actually see what's happening closer to real time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rlugibihl

Are you using Arlo Smart notifications? The videos get sent to the servers before returning to your library to view, causing a delay before available. Is this occurrence a new or worsening issue?

Wayneo01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  The delay can be significant, minutes.  This isn't helpful when the camera is used to understand who or what is causing the alarm.  Often, I have to enable the live view, which takes time, and then the individual (e.g. UPS) that triggered the alert is already driving or has driven away.  

rlugibihl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This continues to be an on going issue.  At times it is worse than others literally taking up to 5 minutes before the video is available or I have to shutdown the mobile app and reopen it hoping the video is available.  At times that doesn't even work. As the other user indicated it seems that this is the worst when you really need it when suspicious people are around. 

Ryan 

Threasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone gotten a reply from Arlo about this. Originally I was told to unseat the battery and reinsert.. I have two cameras that are hard wired into AC power... so this looks like a software issue, an update needs to be made to decrease the notification time.. your camera's could be stolen or ?? and you wouldn't even get the notification until its too late.. Sometimes I leave my house and as I am in my car driving away, I get the activation notification? what good is that ??

Immrnicegy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, same issue here. It’s been going on since an app update almost a year ago. Some days it’s worse than others but same symptoms as the others are experiencing. I don’t subscribe to the Arlo Smart notifications but it seems to be behaving like you describe, by going to server before returning to the base/library.
Vitass
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. Before the major update last year no issues experienced.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it is intermittent. I had 5 alerts this morning and only 3 recordings.

Immrnicegy
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you’re asking me, yes, still happening.
rlugibihl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this just happened last night.  I received notifications on my ios app, but when I go to my library the events aren't available to view.  I've attempted to refresh the events in the library, but it does nothing.  I've gone so far as to close the app and re-open it, but again the videos don't show up for minutes.  This can be extremely frustrating when you don't know what's going on, but you've been alerted that something may be wrong.  

I have At&t u-verse and I would not say that this is a connectivity issue as we have not had any other interruptions in service.  This seems to be specific to the Arlo app.  

rlugibihl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has gotten significantly worse since the last upgrade to the app. It literally takes 3 minutes after getting notified of movement on any of my cameras before the video is available in the library.  I can not be the only one to experience this.  It is extremely frustrating to know that there could be activity around your property, yet you can't see what it is. And if you go to your camera to view live activity the system stops recording.  You should be able to view your live cameras while it is recording.  Please tell me something is being done about this.  For the price point of this system being over $1k and a monthly subscription I expect more from what I am getting.  

Very disappointed in this system so far and it seems to be getting worse.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation