Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

If possible add enable pixel-based detection option to Pro 2 cameras. Make security easier!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bryant101
Aspirant
Aspirant

As we all know the Pro 2 camera battery life isn't stellar and wiring exterior cameras to power can be a pain. Why not bring back pixel-based detection as an option? Of course allow for reduced sensitivity so every tree branch swaying in the wind doesn't set off the camera(s) but having cameras inside a house pointing out is SO MUCH EASIER! The current IR  tech does not allow motion detection through windows, very annoying. Man Frustrated

Firmware: Base 1.12.0.0_2709 Camera (H4):1.125.11.3_26229

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bryant101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a Q camera and appears to be working well through my windows (dual pane). A little fuzzy at night though but good during the day. Night vision and LED turned off.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want a camera inside the home looking out of a window, go with the Q camera... much better camera. IMHO, and has the pixel based detection you want. It works prefectly thru double pane andersen windows ( no ir of course )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bryant101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just hoping to use my existing Pro 2 cameras. Looks like the Ultra is an option and hopefully these cameras can work with the Pro 2 base (one console). I am convinced Arlo removed the pixel detection to push more expensive cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bryant101 wrote:

I am convinced Arlo removed the pixel detection to push more expensive cameras.

I see it as more of a power usage thing... pixel detect requires power ALL the time to function, it has to "see" to detect... something a battery camera can't do.  That's also why the extra options are available in the Pro2 when run on ac

Morse is faster than texting!
Bryant101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please enlighten me on what options are available when the Pro 2 is plugged in since I must be missing it. So far it appears the Q is what I need. Appreciate the info!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR, zones and 3 second lookback are available when the P2 is plugged in.

Bryant101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a Q camera and appears to be working well through my windows (dual pane). A little fuzzy at night though but good during the day. Night vision and LED turned off.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation