Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Unable To Sync Automatically After Electric Failure

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo Team,

each time power is stopped at home due to an interruption of electricity, base station and cameras need to reconnet and they do not re sync automatically. If I’m at home I ha e to loose time to re sync each camera to base station.

if I’m away for a few day... (the reason why I bought your product) it is impossible to solve the problem until I’m back again.

why do not re sync automatically after electric interruption? Is there a solution to set it?

how can I launch remotly a re sync process between base station and cameras? Useful if something doesn’t work when I’m far far away for more days. I’m on travel for business 2 weeks a month and unfortunately stormy weather or other accidents causes frequently interruption of electricity. When power eletricity turns on again (automatically) Arlo System do not sync cameras and base station, so it doesn’t work.

solution? Ideas?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have common power outages, the best answer is to plug your base unit into a UPS.

As long as the base doesn't loose power, the cameras will stay connected. ( there is no remote re-sync of cameras )

If running a Q camera, then a wifi outlet like Wemo will allow a reboot if the wifi is on.

My router and base unit are on a ups and I don't remember loosing access in a couple of years

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation