Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
Nicholas10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using the "Don't trust" is basically the same thing as logging in to a password protected site from somebody else's computer and saying "Do not remember this device". It will continue working, and you will get activity notifications. Although, once you close the app, or get kicked out because somebody else has logged in, you have the same problem all over again.  Even if you try updating replacing your trusted devices, it doesn't work.

It's not just the iPhone 14. I've had the same problem when trying to login from my computer, when using a browser, more than a year now!  If you look at some of the other boards, you can see that this problem has been happening long before the iPhone 14 just released. This is absolutely ridiculous! 

NachoUsername
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read through the other posts and their fixes didn’t work. Have a new phone that now can’t access my Arlo account or cameras. 
please advise

nonorouterrip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly. Same here. 

dlongca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same problem.  Tried to add a new Iphone14 to the app.  It wouldn't trust.  I was able to talk to Tech support but the guy I spoke to said I had to change my password to log in.  He was rambling on about me needing to subscribe to a plan. Now none all of my cameras are no longer available.  It says I need to add a new device.  What is going on?  Until I called about adding the new device everything was working fine, now none of my cameras are listed anymore.

Are we required to subscribe to a plan to have access to our cameras?  

aunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem, after I changed to new iPhone 14 pro.

aunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Alro pro and recently purchased two more cams from Costco.

After I changed my iPhone 14 Pro, I am not able to Trust my device.

Looks like some Bug.

Please help me.

Thanks,

dlongca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to solve the problem.  I contacted tech support through Arlo online.  I started a "chat" in the support section online.  That person said I would receive a phone call from a technician.  The Technician who called told me I had to reset my password and sent a link via email to follow the instructions.  When I logged on with the new password my base station did an update which deleted all the cameras.  I was able to add back the cameras and everything is working fine.  I'm able to access Arlo with the Iphone 14.  Hope this helps others with the same problem.  

chazj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had an iPhone 8+ that had no issues with the Arlo App.  I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 and the Arlo App is not allowing me to verify it.

I have the two-step verification, and have taken the cell phone off the app, closed out, then back in to re-enter it.  Still not working.

The app did verify my laptop, just will not verify my iPhone 13.

Haleymon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have added her as a trusted user but errors when i enter the security code

very frustrated 

thanks

Schleicher6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.

"There was a problem trusting this device"  perhaps because it has the same name as my previous phone, and that previous phone is still a trusted device. 

hummer1605
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue with my Iphone 14 - despite entering two factor authorization, Arlo app still will not recognize Iphone as a trusted device.  Can't access my system

sbray
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, when will this be fixed?

SpiralOut
Star
Star

"It works thank you!" -msazone
"that worked - thank you!!" -max5638
"Thank you for sharing this. I've been searching for a solution for this "Trusted Device" error on my new iPhone for several days. This did the trick." - keallen
"Worked for me like a charm!!" -Daakness

Here's the technique they used:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/td-p/1...

If you want to act now and simply move on to your next priorities in life, give it a try.

I hope this helps you. If it does, please like this response so others recognize its value.

Notes:
- this is an enduring work around for your new device, not a temporary one like "do not trust this device"
- this is a set of actions you can take right now, not waiting or dependent on others to release software fixes
- this is provided by the user community for the user community, to share actionable information that works

CMIRE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue with new iPhone 14promax

SpiralOut
Star
Star

Hi CMIRE, if you want to resolve your issue to add your new iPhone 14 pro max as a trusted device I suggest the following technique, which is demonstrated to work for this problem:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/td-p/1...

queno
Aspirant
Aspirant

New iphone 14 Pro  IOS 16.2unable to pair with Arlo doorbell

swuethrich
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

traceydailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

traceydailey_0-1674861770553.jpeg

kellycross
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur the latest version of the Arlo app 4.1?

aunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately they don't have support.

I recommended my friends and family not to buy this product.

I am very upset with this product.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@aunt

Are you still experiencing this with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.1?

aunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, no one helped me to fix this issue.

I am planning to remove all my cams and buy from Ring

MoSi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem just upgraded to IPhone 14 Pro Max and having issues trusting the device, iOS 16.3

Is there any solution on this problem?

MoSi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just deleted my Arlo app and install it again and now it is okay.