Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jmatteo
Follower
Follower

I just purchased a new iPhone and I keep receiving the unable to add trusted device error. I thought this was resolved months ago. The device is completely new, not reloaded from iCloud and I made a unique name for it as well so there is no duplication.

Best answers
  • Bill2314
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

Thank you. Deleting the application from settings and installing again worked.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

@Allanwalsh

As a workaround, you can use the don't trust option to log in to the arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Can you login by selecting don't trust? 

220 REPLIES 220
VIPERdsg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same error. 
deleted old phone from trusted list. Cannot trust new device.

I can get into the app via not trusting, but the phone doesn’t ring when someone uses my arlo doorbell. 

Spf1962
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue after upgrading to iPhone 14 Pro Max. It doesn’t automatically arm when I leave. I can’t set geo fencing on my phone etc.  

Spf1962
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that and it did not resolve the issue.

Samkimg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still broken for me.  

fraley001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting the message that it does not recognize my device, I have clicked to send a push notification to my phone and my wife's phone but neither of us get a push notification. What the heck?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The 2FA will only allow one mobile device to receive the push request. If you’re old phone was set as primary in the 2fa list still then you will not receive it on the new phone until it is trusted and set as primary.

To get your browser trusted use email when given the another method option.

RC25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same Issue New Iphone 14 ProMax.    Only works if you "don't trust".  Surprised that there are no solutions of explanation other than work around.

Dimbulb
Tutor
Tutor

Still broken for me too.  I upgraded phone and cannot get it trusted again.  I deleted it from the web portal, but I get the same error still.  

Dimbulb
Tutor
Tutor

I AM IN!
I deleted the app from my phone.  Removed the old device from the 2FA screen on the website.  Logged back in on the phone tried to trust but it failed, clicked on Do Not Trust.  Went to the settings and 2FA on the phone.  Added the device in the 2FA section on the phone and it worked.  I am once again trusted.

Pitchyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue is not resolved and is a huge issue for this wishing to continue to use these devices!!

I am having the same issues when upgrading my phone and trying to trust as a new device, same error message appears. Unable to remove old phone from trusted devices list on web portal.

NoelleK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my new iPad Air 5, have tried all the workarounds people have suggested but still no luck and I can’t get a live chat because I don’t have an active subscription. This does not inspire me to do so. This is just stupid, I switch between my phone and iPad all the time, HUGE inconvenience.

NoelleK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m glad this worked for you, unfortunately it did not for me. 

dennisbranch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgraded to the iPhone 14 Pro Max today and returned the old devices. Went to login to Arlo with new device and it sent the one-time authentication code to my email (as my former device is no longer with me) and I was able to login. Then it promoted me to "Trust Device" which I clicked.

It did it's thing and came back and said this device can't be trusted. Arlo Chat Support is a bit perplexed and did all the basics, nothing is working. They think it's the fault of the app update, but I have seen others with the same problem.

Anyone know of any work around or help here? Thanks!

sjg97
Aspirant
Aspirant

My new phone is an iPhone 12 and i have the same issue seems its not just linked to the new iPhone 14.  I get the banner and it will not allow me to add it as a trusted device.  I have had arlo since 2017 and back then when i had a an issue it got resolved quick.  I also had someone call from California USA to me in the UK to help with my issues. They couldn't have been more helpful.  I just hope this can be resolved fairly quick as it is putting us all in a highly vulnerable position.  Please sort it out Arlo.

Derek_iPProMax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got my iPhone Pro Max, same here, cannot add this device as trusted from the app. Also I signed the my.arlo.com, however it would not allow me to remove the old iphone device from the trusted device list. Please provide solution. Thanks and Happy New Year. 

Wazinga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. current generation (2022) iPad. Will not let me add it as a trusted device. Get the same "There was a problem trusting this device" error that others report. The workaround of "don't trust" is no good, because it is a pain to have to re-authenticate via 2FA every time for a device that should be trusted.

GWRoadrunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

After transferring all data and apps to my new iPhone 14 Pro Max, I tried to access the Arlo mobile app. A window opens where you can. “trust” the new iPhone. When I select “Trust”, I get a message that. “There was a problem, trusting this device. Try again”. I’ve tried again numerous times with no luck. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Is this one of the features affected by the iPhones adoption of random Mac addresses?

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Is this one of the features affected by the iPhones adoption of random Mac addresses?

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

I don't think so (random mac addresses are enabled on my iPhone 12 mini, and I don't have this problem).  FWIW, the random mac addresses go back to iOS 14, so they've been in place for some years now.

Though it's easy enough to try turning them off.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:
I don't think so (random mac addresses are enabled on my iPhone 12 mini, and I don't have this problem).  FWIW, the random mac addresses go back to iOS 14, so they've been in place for some years now

Yes. And it is catching on. Windows now has an option for this.

Old it may be, but this "feature" continues to surprise people who have problems wit their wifi.

As you say, easily tested.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Cxn5
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. 14 pro max. 
I can get in after clicking don't trust device but this is NO SOLUTION. It's a joke that this is unresolved by Arlo for 3 weeks on the top of the line device. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Derek_iPProMax
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happened to mine 14 pro max, and I selected “do not trust this device”. App runs for me. It is a work around only. Not sure why the Arlo Dev Team not fixing the issues. 

SarahLRoach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh my goodness I can’t believe this string is 56 messages long impacting so many PAYING customers and Arlo are so poor at communicating progress on this issue!

Just let us know what you are doing?

The common denominator is an existing account and then a new phone - please sort! #iPhone 

SarahLRoach
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLUTION: delete the app from your new phone. Reinstall the app and you should be ok - you will be able to trust the device! 
So simple! Feel a bit of an idiot!