Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
GeraldSoukup
Follower
Follower

I get this message every time I log in but the battery stays fully charged,"charging fault has been detected on Tree-52M17C7SAD331 camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults." If that is true the battery should be dead by now.

58 REPLIES 58
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hmm, the link seems to be working fine for me. Try to clear your cache/cookies or try on a different browser to see if the link works.

holteg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solved. This is what finally solved it for me. Seems a bit of water or moisture entered into Arlo plug hole. Brought camera indoors, dripped three drops of 91% rubbing alcohol into plug hole, and onto the outdoor cable end that plugs into camera.. Let sit overnight and using Arlo cable and charger charged overnight. Reassembled and no further problems. Be sure to use charger specifically for Arlo. Regards. Cable is not critical. Greg Holte PhD Mechanical Engineer
Mesprague
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this Fault message off an on for days now. I have come to the conclusion it is a mositure problem in the usb plug causing a little corrosion. I cleaned it out and gave it a shot of WD-40 and it works fine. That being said soon as it rains hard or is extremly cold and foggy the charging fault comes back. I unplug the cable for 30 seconds at the back of the camera plug it back in and all is well till the next rain hits it. My guess is this is how it was intended to work so you don't fry your camera out with a short. Frustrating but it's a design flaw and yes i'm using the factory power plug and a waterproof usb cable.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Could be a design flaw but then again it wasn't like this before when I bought mine mid 2017 until an update came along early 2018 and all of a sudden getting this fault out of nowhere, Arlo must have found out customers were buying third party cable/adapters so they decided to put this "bug fault" message to persuade customers to buy genuine arlo products only instead little did they know it's also affecting their own product with this fault.. Yes, I thought so too mine was fixed but it came back randomly with this "Charging Fault" using their own so called genuine Arlo Cable/Adapter... So for me, this is definitely not fixed.. 

Mesprague
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uderstand what your saying about 3rd party cables but it doesnt make sense. If the bug affected all the cables then everyone would have this problem. I'm using a 3rd party waterproof cable because the one that comes with it short out in the rain almost immediatly because it doesn't even attempt to seal the plug. I bought my camera early 2018 when it was dry and hot out it rained one day and the cord that came with it shorted so I bought the outdoor cable it worked fine for months untill the weather charnged. 3 days ago i got the charge fault error I unplugged it cleaned the plug shot a little WD40 in it and its been working fine. If it was a hardware thing about 3rd party cables it would have stopped long ago. 

Mesprague
Aspirant
Aspirant

For what it is worth my charging fault issue has just dissapeared and has not returned in over a week now. I did nothing differant trying to solve this problem that happened daily. I have to wonder if the firmware update 1.125.11.4_29092 had something to do with this.

jwhitem1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So many people have problems charging their Arlo cameras that I feel obliged to share this. I was totally frustrated trying to find a fix, but then when I reached out for chat support, this fix actually worked. Amazing! Here it is: Plug the camera in using the original NetGear adapter. Take out the battery. Go to your account online, go to settings, then my devices, and then click Remove Device. Resync the camera with the base station by pressing the sync button on the base station once (just press and release the button). When the third light starts to blink, press the sync button on the camera. This fix totally worked for me. Good luck.

Tonyd79
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this exact same problem on one of my cameras. Is the answer in one of the manuals?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Tonyd79,

Please contact our support team so they can help you further with the problem you're having. Click on this link: Arlo Support Team