Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bsbp1230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Checking to see if there is any way to disable the sound for the cameras for ONLY the granted guest access, I would like to be able to listen to the camera sound and watch the video, but the others that I would grant access to, I would like to not have them be able to hear the sound, but still be able to view the camera video. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
I do not believe you are able to do this with the pro2 series.
Refer extract below

“Friends without access rights can do the following:
• Play and view library content
• View live footage
• Zoom and drag video footage
• Control brightness
• Enter full-screen view“

The only way to almost achieve this is to turn off the camera microphone, but you will have to turn it on yourself when you want to listen in and then everyone can.
Best check your legal responsibilities with recording in public or workplace situations. No audio means no audio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bsbp1230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Checking to see if there is any way to disable the sound for the cameras for ONLY the granted guest access, I would like to be able to listen to the camera sound and watch the video, but the others that I would grant access to, I would like to not have them be able to hear the sound, but still be able to view the camera video. Thanks in advance!

Dannybear
Master
Master
I do not believe you are able to do this with the pro2 series.
Refer extract below

“Friends without access rights can do the following:
• Play and view library content
• View live footage
• Zoom and drag video footage
• Control brightness
• Enter full-screen view“

The only way to almost achieve this is to turn off the camera microphone, but you will have to turn it on yourself when you want to listen in and then everyone can.
Best check your legal responsibilities with recording in public or workplace situations. No audio means no audio.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Duplicated, and replied to, here:

How to shut off sound to guest access - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
bsbp1230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your time, Dannybear!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation