Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I increase Arlo Pro 2 Base Station WiFi range?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
andywen
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you increase Arlo Pro 2 Base builtin WiFi range? Got this door bell installed wireless on my garage. It got barely enough signal, oddly it keeps disconnecting to “paired devices” with selected Arlo Chime and Arlo Pro 2 Camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master

The base wifi is fixed range, options are to locate base closer or use a second base.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

The base wifi is fixed range, options are to locate base closer or use a second base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the ONLY true way to expand coverage is to use more than one base ... there is no limit to the number of bases allowed nor location on any service level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
andywen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doorbell and Chime un-Sync themselves. Arlo chat support keeps telling me to “remove & sync” again when it happens. Do you know what is the best way to solve this problem?
Dannybear
Master
Master
I do not have any experience with the door bell or chime so can’t comment.

If support’s recommendation is to resync them then it is likely to be common solution to their firmware bugs.

My research suggests that Arlo firmware repairs take an average of 6 months to implement going by reading the forum. I’ve been waiting four months for my bugs to be fixed even after telling them where to look.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation