Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the setup directions here - https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit?cid=reddit&cid=reddit...

opting for 
“To setup an Arlo device without a setup code:”

I get to step 3, but do not see a HomeKit option.

I see some people referencing a token. Is there something I need to do?

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing and re-adding your Arlo mobile app and reboot your base station. 

blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done and done. And I can now see the HomeKit button. However after I tap it, the discovering devices just keeps spinning

blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone have any suggestions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

BC31F893-9FF8-4B51-B7BA-29D71D355FAF.png

Thanks. But I’m still getting stuck on the discovering devices with no devices being discovered. Do I need to have all cameras in the same location - next to my phone to be discovered?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@blakek 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi. i'm not sure if i'm just doing something wrong or what. i rebooted the hub (unplugging power cord for 20 seconds +), deleted and reinstalled the Arlo Secure app. went back into > tapped "HomeKit" Set up, yet I keep getting the spinning Discovering Devices screen. I waited ~5 minutes on the screen this time, without any devices being found. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Resetting the Homekit Token can be delayed sometimes. I reset it again, can you try rebooting and adding to HomeKit again. 

blakek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again. But I’m still getting the spinning discovering your device screen. ☹️

Ive been reading other posts, wondering if its related to the google mesh network I’m also running? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try enabling only one band if possible 2.4ghz the band steering might be affecting this HomeKit setup if applicable. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation