Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting a message that there is a maximum of 5 cameras streaming anf I need to stop one in order yo get a live view of what my cameras are seeing. I have been able to pull up all 8 at one time but now this is all I can get I am attaching a screen shot of what the message actually says. Can anyone advise what to do to fix this and has also changed something I am unaware of ? This just started tonight 20 March 2020

60 REPLIES 60
dshrader
Aspirant
Aspirant

when trying to stream 1 camera I get a message that I can only stream up to 5 videos at a time. I'm not streaming anything at this time. Let alone 5 

LeanMuscleMass
Initiate
Initiate

Before anyone asks me the general questions such as if I reset my hub, re-synced all cameras, updated firmware, have I checked to make sure the device mode is armed, bla bla bla. I have.

I’m really annoyed that i have not only wasted so much time trying to figure it but continue to miss days of recording. As a gym owner I can not afford to miss a day. 

Help

greenweenie
Star
Star

Same issue here.... started around 9:30 pacific time last night. Camera(s) alerts to activity, indicates activity (so many minutes ago) but no recording(s) and the 5 camera live limit when just try to view one. I also have 3 different systems - 15 cameras in 2 different states! Impossible for me to remove each camera and pair again.

We need a fix without removing and reconnecting to the base station(s)

mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed my two inside cameras and the system started working fine showing live feed and recording but need to get the 2 other cameras back online since they are my inside cameras
Hschorz
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happens on all cams except wired cams and on all hubs. i Powered down and up hubs no change. I believe it to be a problem at ARLO's end.

Error is:

Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.

Roy_DeBolt
Initiate
Initiate

When none of my cameras are streaming, when I click on the "Live" button on any of my cameras, I get keep getting the error message:

Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.
Plus, they are have all stopped recording.
Commander79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue on pro 3 and ultra. No recordings and.. or streaming available.... arlo is still uploading somewhere
LogChopper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with Arlo Ultra (4 cameras). Problem started 19th of March. My other cameras (Arlo Q and 2*Arlo Pro 2) are working fine. This is expensive set and the problem should be solved asap.

detsroh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with 4 ultra cameras and can’t connect live to the cameras either...

7251239ES
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I believe mine started doing the same thing around that same exact time. My last recording was around 9:30 PM.
Cotter
Tutor
Tutor

We have 2 base stations, in separate locations, and both have the same issue as everyone else.  14 cameras, none able to stream or record. I have tried all of the steps except adding and removing each camera, hoping for Arlo to do something.  It does not look promising.  I guess I will have to get the ladder out, and re-install the cameras at this location but the others, at the remote location are cooked until I can get there.  For the cost of these things, this should not happen.  I recently tried two of the Wyze cams for $25.00 and working flawlessly.

7251239ES
Tutor
Tutor
Seems weird that all of a sudden this started happening right after these restrictions were put into place for the covid-19. We have 7 cameras up on our property & in the last few years have never had any problems except for the little minor bugs that were always fixed within a reasonable amount of time.
GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

Does anyone know or heard anything from ARLO?

Are they working it?

I'm sure it is an issue with their server/cloud!

Something is not getting reset each day like it was.

So does anyone know if there totally shut down?

Did they contract out the cloud to some other company and they are shut down?

I know no one knows the answers to these question I'm just frustrated with this situation!

I have had the issue for just a day and I'm not happy.

Cotter
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE:  All of my cameras started to work again at 9 am est. time today.  

Issue for me seems to be gone.

greenweenie
Star
Star

Well this morning I'm not getting the 5 camera max message anymore and can view live but still no recordings although activity is indicated. Update... Looks like they are working on the issue as I actually did one recording for 3/21 as I had zero yesterday 3/20. Still, I would normally wake up to around 30 recordings .

Gem435
Star
Star
What I did was armed the system. Sent off one of the cameras and it started recording
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine are back are morning as well. Hope this does not happen again and they implement a much faster way to clear that error.
GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

My cameras are detecting motion but no recordings at all.

And still the 5 camera error.

GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

I cannot login in a web browser can anyone else?

I have not used the web browser in a long time though.

I can login on phone.

And still getting just motion alerts and no recording.

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I am happy my cameras are back but I am also seriously considering dropping Arlo.

Why? Because it seems their quick solution for everything is resync your camera. 
Do they NOT understand that we do not have physical access to cameras that easily in some cases? 

So this time they fixed it on their end..as it should have been done but even then I got this reply from my Support case that was escalated to Level 2 asking me to guess what....power cycle and resync the camera! Even thought I told the agent MANY MANY times that was not an option. Frustrating for sure.

I cannot even reply to the case as it just gets stuck on a loop asking me to log in any time I click on the provided link

Anyone else feeling like its time to move on?

Cotter
Tutor
Tutor

I am thinking it is time to reconsider my investment in Arlo as well.  I have 14 cameras, 12 in one location and 2 in a remote location.  Too many issues now to not evaluate what I use.  I have relied on them and they are letting me down more and more often.  If Arlo could get their act together, with minimal downtime and good response to issues and improved communication, it may convince me to hang on and not look as aggressively at alternatives.  But this last performance may have been the last straw.

Brian1934
Aspirant
Aspirant

When is this streaming and recording issue going to be corrected?

Brian1934
Aspirant
Aspirant

When is this issue going to be resolved?

GP76
Aspirant
Aspirant

My last recordings were from 10:33 AM yesterday (3/20) and I've had issues since then with the camera streaming limit of 5.  I've never experienced this with the 9 cameras I have setup in the past (was able to stream all at once with a mix of older Arlo cams and 5 Pro2's). 

It's 10:29 AM here and my system still isn't functioning with all the logout/ login/ rebooting options.... same message when I login at my PC through the Arlo web portal.

Andreee
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are still having this issue as well. I have reset everything and it's still not being able to stream. Is this an ongoing problem?