Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing + scheduled mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TracyN
Tutor
Tutor

I use geofencing set to schedule when we're away, and disarmed when we're home.  The reason we use a schedule when we're away is that we have a cleaner who comes to the house at relatively predicatable times so we don't want to be alerted when we're both at work.

However we want to keep the outdoor cameras on at night time.  I set up a mode for this, but if we make this 'outdoorson' mode the default when geofencing is at home, we'll get alerted every time we go out into the garden during the day.  We only want outdoors on at night.

And we are TERRIBLE at remembering to turn Arlo on when we leave the house so I want to keep using geofencing.

Is there a way to set it up to do the following:

If we're home and it's night time, have outdoors on only.  during the day it's disarmed

If we're away, follow the schedule (which tells which times we don't need the cameras on but otherwise it's armed)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TracyN

Have you tried turning the notifications off for that custom mode during the day?

TracyN
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  No I haven't - I didn't know we could have notifications on for part of the day only without manually turning them on or off or muting every day?  How do I set that up?  Also wouldn't the cameras be constantly recording if we're outside during the day and would that deplete the battery faster?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TracyN

You may want to set up a schedule. You can set cameras with push notifications to arm/disarm for specific days/times with notifications either on or off. 

This article will help with that - How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation