Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't trigger activity zone or recording. Have to delete zone and will work for only a day.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Arlo Pro 2  3 camera system 3500 Base station  I purchased at Costco. The mounting and installation was a snap. the cameras are wired for long term use without charging. The problem I have is I have  set up the zones on the three cameras and the work great for a day or two then I get no triggered zones or recordings. I have three smaller zones set on all three cameras. If I log in to my system on my PC and delete the 3 zones on each camera and then set up 3 new zones on each camera every will work for a day or two. What is the cause?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Brader,

You might need to optimize the motion detection on your camera to make sure things are working fine. You can read here to learn how to optimize motion detection for your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Also try adjusting the sensitivity for your motion detection to see if that may help: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Brader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have one camera that will not record motion. I have changed sensitivity from 80 to 100 and still no recording. Is this camera defective?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried rebooting/power cycling your Base Station to see if that helps?

Brader
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is rebooting possible 200 miles away?

Netvuk
Guide
Guide

I understand there have been issues at Arlo's end over the last few days, specifically relating to 'Zones'. I understand this is now fixed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brader wrote:

Is rebooting possible 200 miles away?

Yes - if the base station (or camera) is on line.

Brader
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still unable to my #3 camera to react to motion. I have tried your recommendations this # 3 camera is 180 miles away. This camera has worked normally at one time. What can I do?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue if you're not near your camera. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation