Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
13tate
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Friend was monitoring our house while we were out of town. I have deleted her access out of our account and she is continuing to receive notifications from our cameras.

She has an Arlo system too so she simply can’t just delete the app.

We have tried logging out, deleting the app, restarting the phone, everything. She is not visible in my “Friends” and can’t see the cameras or recorded videos. But continues to get the push notifications.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A cloud fix has been released that resolves this issue. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know by creating a new thread.

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

Did you ever sort this, as I have the same issue?

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

My mother in law went away on holiday so she added me as a friend so I could receive notifications from her house and keep an eye on it. She has now removed me but I am still receiving push notifications. I have uninstalled both our apps and reinstalled. I have removed all her cameras from my app. This is driving me mad!! Any help would be much appreciated.

13tate
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi 13tate and rsgixer,

What notification is the (deleted) grant access getting? Could you provide a screenshot (if possible) of what notification you're receiving?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@rsgixer wrote:

I have removed all her cameras from my app.

It would be better to delete the grant access account completely rather than simply deselecting cameras.

13tate
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

They are still receiving push notifications when my camera picks up motion and records.

They do not have grant access in the account anymore and cannot actually view the “notification” or the cameras.

I have deleted the cameras and readded them, changed the camera name. We have both have deleted and reinstalled the app, logged out and back in. Nothing is stopping my friend from receiving notifications from my devices after they have had their access removed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey 13tate,

I sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
I have now carried out a factory reset on my mother in laws base unit and I am still receiving push notification of movement on her system.
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. Have you had any further updates?
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

Where have you messaged me?

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

I have now carried out factory resets on mine and my mother-in-law's base units and I still receive push notifications  of movement from their cameras. What can I do next? 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@rsgixer wrote:

Where have you messaged me?

Click the envelope at the top right of page beside you name. That will show Personal message in this forum. That is where you will see her PM. 

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

That's what I thought, but nothing in there!

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

I have deleted the grant access, I have factory reset both our base units.

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

My mother in law has hers armed 24-7 so I have to mute my notifications so I effectively cannot use my system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rsgixer,

I actually reached out to 13tate via private message to gather more information. Since you're still experiencing this issue, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

tfletcher304
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can u tell me how to fix this i have the same issue
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
Not a clue, Arlo support do not know either, they are looking into it. I don't think it is something you can do. You will have to contact Arlo support.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For everyone who is receiving push notifications even when they don't have grant access anymore, what notification are you receiving? Could you please share a screenshot of the notification you're receiving?

frutza
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you every figure this out? I have the same thing & it's a ex wife! Ouch
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For users who are experiencing this issue, the development team would like to know what phone device the main account user is using AND what phone device the grant access user is using.

WildernessNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have the same issue.

I am using Ios, iphone when I deleted the friend.

Friend who is still getting notifications is using an Android phone.

frutza
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using a LG V30, she has a Samsung 4? I think, also I have had to reinstall the app numerous times, and mot once on the Samsung?
Thanks
My system if unplugged till this is fixed
Discussion stats