Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lsweet28
Initiate
Initiate

I’m trying to update the firmware for an Arlo Pro 2 camera I purchased used.  It tells me to update the firmware but It won’t update. I get error code 4404 but haven’t been able to find out what that code means. Does anyone know what 4404 indicates?  The camera was working but it doesn’t work now that I tried the update. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lsweet28,

Try re-inserting your Pro 2 battery camera to see if that helps. Otherwise, you can also try power cycling your Base Station. To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.

If you don't want to reboot your Pro 2 camera or Base Station, you can wait for the automatic firmware update, which happens between 3-5 AM. You can read more about it here: What do I need to know about Arlo camera firmware updates?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lsweet28,

Try re-inserting your Pro 2 battery camera to see if that helps. Otherwise, you can also try power cycling your Base Station. To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.

If you don't want to reboot your Pro 2 camera or Base Station, you can wait for the automatic firmware update, which happens between 3-5 AM. You can read more about it here: What do I need to know about Arlo camera firmware updates?

gd26
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue with  a new camera I was adding. Pulled the battery out and re-inserted. Problem solved. Thanks!

WonderWoman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked for me!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation