Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
makersforme
Tutor
Tutor
Still receiving duplicate notifications. I started a prior thread and was closed about a week ago. Congrats Arlo, new low closing a thread saying it was fixed when it isn’t. So proud of myself for continuing to give you all $10 a month.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved with the latest Arlo app update 3.5.6. Please remove & re-install the Arlo app if you are not presented with the update option in the app store.

Thank you

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
dcfox1
Master
Master

Since it at least doesn't alert anymore on second  one, I just ignore if I notice it it since it is within 5 seconds and the time stamp is the same. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue occurring from all your Arlo devices?

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

For me yes.  My iPhone, my wife's iPhone and both our Apple Watches.

My iPhone and watch are fully updated but I don't believe my wife has updated her devices yet.

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

And I just reread your comment.  I have 2 cameras and it happens on both.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @makersforme

This issue has been identified & should be addressed in the next update coming soon. I will provide another update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

fstrsbro
Guide
Guide

For all of my cameras, I get 2 notifications, and have been for many months. I get one notification when motion is first detected and another when the recording is completed (e.g. 2 minuted later). if I do not look at the notifications, the second notification actually replaces/updates the initial notification. For example - I walk outside at 10:00 and immediately get a notification of motion. If I look at the app, the notification goes away and I get another notification at 10:02. However, I do not look at the app, I get another notification at 10:02 that says "now", and the initial 10:00 notification is no longer in my notification list. 

All devices show they have the most updated firmware.

iOS App Version (3.2 (2202)

I have (many times because of various issues):

1) Removed all cameras and re-added them

2) Completed a hard restart on base station

3) Spent way too much time chatting with customer support, with no resolution. 

The last update I got on this was that it would be fixed in the new App version, but that is not the case. I have seen several others threads with this complaint that say it has been "fixed", but many responses say that it has not - with no other updates from support. Example: Solved: Arlo app giving double notifications - Arlo Community - Shows as "Solved", but all of the comments clearly indicate that it is not. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. 

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

This was also happening to me and I turned the "Animated Preview" feature off. That seemed to help with this issue. Settings -> Smart Notifications -> *eachdevice* -> Alert Options. There's a toggle there. Strangely enough, it still happens on occasion, but not every time like before.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Can you please test again with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.2.1 If you do not see the update, remove and re-install the Arlo mobile app for the update.

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Can you please test again with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.2.1 If you do not see the update, remove and re-install the Arlo mobile app for the update.

Thank you

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ShayneS  3.2.1 is still the same on IOS 14.6. I removed the app before updating. I noticed the second without an alert is when the recording shows up in the library. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @dcfox1

If you clear the notification as soon as it pops on your device, you will receive another notification when the recording is delivered to your library as well. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok, never cleared it out but not a big deal for me. I was looking at the Library on portal to experiment so never touched the app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dcfox1

Gotcha, so to clarify to see if I'm understanding correctly, you received a PN after motion was detected with the new app 3.2.1 > Did not clear it > Then received another PN as a stacked/Duplicate PN in the notification center? Can you provide a screenshot if the is the case next time?

Thank you!

dcfox1
Master
Master
@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @dcfox1

Gotcha, so to clarify to see if I'm understanding correctly, you received a PN after motion was detected with the new app 3.2.1 > Did not clear it > Then received another PN as a stacked/Duplicate PN in the notification center? Can you provide a screenshot if this is the case next time?

Thank you!

Yes correct. It is quick  as I get get the recording  quick15-30 seconds most of the time.  I don't pay much attention to the second one but will try to catch a screenshot. I think the same thing others have been posting about a duplicate push notification that started several month ago with the start of video notification update. 

fstrsbro
Guide
Guide

I have updated the application, but am experiencing the same thing. Still getting double notifications. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@fstrsbro

Thank you for the update. Can you remove and reinstall the Arlo app. There was another release with Version 3.2.2

Can you provide a screenshot of the stacked/doubled push notifications.

Thank you

fstrsbro
Guide
Guide

Just to be clear - this is not "stacked" notifications. I get a notification when motion is first detected. If I do not touch my phone, that notification is replaced with a "new" notification when the recording is completed. If I look at that first notification and clear it from my list, I then get the second notfication when the recording is complete. 

I have deleted and re-installed the application. Attached are images of the two notifications - both showing "now", but as you can see, 2 minutes apart (the time that camera records for). I would expect one notification when motion is detected, and nothing new when the recording is completed. All told, I was in the camera's view for ~5 seconds. 

1.png2.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @fstrsbro.

Thank you for all the detailed information. I spoke with the development team regarding this and was informed this notification flow is working as designed.

fstrsbro
Guide
Guide

Then why, when I have talked about this with support in the past, did they say that this was a known issue? What exactly was it that was "fixed" on this topic in the last build(s)?

And, if this is actually "as designed" perhaps it should be designed differently? This is bothersome and serves absolutely no purpose. Why on earth would I want two notifications from the same camera, for the same event? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an issue where Push Notifications were duplicating/stacking which was resolved with Arlo app version 3.2.1

If you experience a duplicate notification, please reach out to the Arlo customer support team here to investigate further. 

fstrsbro
Guide
Guide

For every instance of motion being detected, I receive two notifications for the same instance of motion. I get a notification when motion is first detected. If I do not touch my phone, that notification is replaced with a "new" notification when the recording is completed. If I look at that first notification and clear it from my list, I then get the second notfication when the recording is complete. This happens on all of my cameras and is not an acceptable behavior. This is bothersome and serves absolutely no purpose. Why on earth would I want two notifications from the same camera, for the same event?

iOS App Version: 3.2.2 (2422)

Steps to recreate:

1. Walk outside and trigger motion alert
    • Expected Result: Motion alert and recording starts - Working as expected
  2. View alert on device
    • Expected Result: See event in the application and view live footage, clear notification - Working as expected
  3. Do absolutely nothing
    • Expected Result: Recording is stored and accesible as needed. No new alert is sent because that would be silly. Why to I want to be notified of motion when the recording is done, in addition to when it was detected? - NOT WORKING AS EXPECTED
    • Actiual Result: Receive second notification after recording is saved (2 min. later - as defined in my settings) saying that motion has been detected. I run outside to scare away this intruder that obviously was trying to sneak into my house, exactly 2 minutes behind me (you know how these wiley theives/murderers are super exact with their timing). No new motion was detected. This alert is only referencing the motion triggered in #1, above. I am now sweaty and out of breath from running to investigate this phantom intrusion AND completely annoyed with Arlo customer service for not fixing this in the last year or more despite multiple calls and posts to this forum where they claim at this is "fixed" and/or "working as designed". I would prefer if it were "working as customers want it to work". 

daxon
Star
Star
What solution? This is still happening. I have four cameras. I don’t need more that one notification ding per camera per instance.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @daxon

Can you update to iOS app version 3.2.2. and test the notifications again.

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation