Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I need to do anything to receive alerts after moving base and cameras to a different WiFi network

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MartyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved and set up my base and cameras at my new place, which has a new WiFi network. When I booted everything up all went great, cameras connected and detected motion and alerted me. I was connected to the same WiFi on my cell when I got the alerts for motion detection. But when I left WiFi range, I have not received an alert for motion. I still can enable the live stream though. Is there anything that would cause only motion alerts to stop working since I moved the base to a different WiFi network ?.

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried rebooting the mobile device?
Try toggling the cellular data function in the mobile settings.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MartyArlo wrote:

I still can enable the live stream though. 

You can livestream when away from home?

@MartyArlo wrote:

I moved and set up my base and cameras at my new place, which has a new WiFi network. 

What cameras and base do you have?

MartyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB3000 with Pro 2 cameras.My back porch camera started sending me motion alerts, but my front camera is not. So I guess I'll play with the camera settings and sensitivity and see if it detects motion. Thank You !.

MartyArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB3000 with Pro 2 cameras.My back porch camera started sending me motion alerts, but my front camera is not. So I guess I'll play with the camera settings and sensitivity and see if it detects motion. Yes, when I am away from WiFi my phone switches to cell coverage and I still can see live video if I want. I thought all cameras did that. Thank You !.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MartyArlo wrote:

I thought all cameras did that. Thank You !.

They should, but I wasn't completely sure I understood your symptoms.

@MartyArlo wrote:

I have the VMB3000 with Pro 2 cameras.My back porch camera started sending me motion alerts, but my front camera is not. So I guess I'll play with the camera settings and sensitivity and see if it detects motion. 

One easy way to test if this is WiFi related is to simply turn off wifi on your phone.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation